Impeachment or...CIA Coup?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
It’s not the transcript. It says so 2x on the 1st page. It clearly is titled Memorandum and the footnote says a Memorandum of the telephone conversation is not a verbatim transcript. It further says the memo is from notes and recollections. So don’t apologize go try google and read the actual memo.
your right , your beloved Adam Schiff has the real transcript and he already read it :lol::runaway::runaway:

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
Almost all of Buffet’s income is in the form of long term capital gains, which historically have had a fixed tax rate less than the highest marginal tax rate on ordinary income. He takes a very low salary, relatively speaking. The last I saw it was only $100,000 per year, which is a lot less than a Biden makes on the Board of a Ukrainian energy company.

Buffet’s statement about the 20 people who worked in his office paying a tax rate of 36% was just wrong. NFW is that correct. The top marginal rate was 36%, but because some of your ordinary income is always taxed at the lower brackets, the average can never reach 36%, or whatever the top bracket happens to be. Simple math.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
No I do believe it. Salaried employees get no breaks in comparison to say a hedge fund manager. And Buffet said it.
1. Using a single year as THE measure is absurd given business cycles and transactions can span multiple years.
2. It is impossible for someone to pay a lower tax rate on their taxable income than some with less taxable income.
3. And before you try to use "income" instead of "taxable income" as your measure, just stop. If I own a business with $10 million in income and $9.9 in business expenses, it's absurd to use $10 million instead of $100k as my income when comparing and measuring tax rates.
4. I'm excluding capital gains in argument since Capital Gains requires investment which is a whole different rationale for taxation.

Dec 9, 2013
We do know the memo is the combined work of the transcribers, their supervisors and NSC officials tasked with producing such memos. But if there is no evidence it's inaccurate, who cares who "wrote it".

If you don’t think the memo contains MATERIAL inaccuracies, why post the following comment focusing on possible/probable inaccuracies?

“Given that the WH knew there was a WB and likely knew their sources were from within the WH & what they were alleging this was an after the fact CYA. Look at the words attributed to the Ukr Pres. Very Trumpy. As we have seen time and again Trump likes to dictate his own responses. Then the lawyers get them and clean up the edges. Hence the Memo title and footnote. This is basically a “we never said it was The Transcript” in case the real read out gets released.”

If you don’t think the memo contains MATERIAL inaccuracies, why post the following comment focusing on possible/probable inaccuracies?

“Ok I’ll slow it down for you. The Trump WH labeled that document a Memorandum on the top of the effin page. Not me. Trump’s own people. 2nd read the bottom of the 1st page. The footnote says again it’s a Memorandum and not verbatim. ITS NOT THE ACTUAL WORDS FROM THE CALL. 3rd the memo that was released only reads for 10 minutes while the actual call lasted for 30 minutes. While the Ukr Pres does speak English it is being reported that a translator was used but that doesn’t account for 20 minutes”

“Doesn’t matter how many times you type or say it, it is not the transcript of the call. It is a legal CYA that the WH calls a memo and says is not word for word. The footnote that Trump’s people wrote say that the memo was taken from notes and recollections and It even says “A number of factors can affect the accuracy of the record.””

If you don’t think the memo contains MATERIAL inaccuracies, why post the following comment focusing on possible/probable inaccuracies versus the actual transcript?

“And are you really that dense to believe for one second that if Schiff subpoenaed the actual transcribers to testify under oath that Trump would let them? If Trump’s team for 1 second thought he had the upper hand with the actual transcript they would have released that by now. They tried to Bill Barr it w the memo and get out in front.”

“Go ahead and keep your head up your ass if you think this call happened the way Trump says it did.”

“Why do you think they added that footnote w the language they used. Recollection is used as the “get my ass out of trouble card” and the fact they put that and made sure it’s clear as day that the memo is not the actual transcript and not verbatim. Sure there will be some that nitpick words and phrases but the use of the word recollection is the key.”

“I’m saying a good lawyer got a hold of this memo and added footnote 1. They added the word recollection among other things because they needed a CYA in the event the actual transcript or testimony contradicts the memo”

Dude, you’ve labored over posting hundreds, if thousands of words focusing on the footnote and how that footnote might relate to inaccuracies in the memo. But you now concede there is no evidence there are inaccuracies in the memo. Why the hell are you beating everyone over the head with the idea of inaccuracies? (You might as well say Trump may be guilty of murder, although there is no evidence of murder.) Yet all the while you say the memo is self-evident in proving Trump’s guilt. The totality of your positions taken as a whole is beyond ridiculous. Actually, moronic.

As for Giuliani. Calling the shots? I don’t know what shots you’re talking about, but EVERY US citizen has the constitutional right to legal counsel. And such legal counsel has the right to investigate and defend charges leveled against his client. Given the vast number of charges of criminality just coming from current and former Administration and Congressional officials provides his personal lawyer a very wide path for investigation. Now, did Giuliani break any laws unrelated to his defense and/or investigation into charges leveled against his client? Beats me, don’t care.
I’m sorry you feel that way.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
BTW, here is pic of the marginal tax rates from 2011, when Buffet first made his claim about the 20 persons in his office (including his secretary, I assume) paying such a high tax rate; 36% was what he said in his NYT op-ed.

7C312A79-FC28-4CBB-83DA-F6118B419D9E.jpeg

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Is the following correct or incorrect?
1. House Dems believe the Mueller Report PROVES multiple instances of obstruction of justice by Trump
2. House Dems believe the transcript of the call between Trump and Zelensky PROVES Trump asked a foreign government to investigate his political opponent in exchange for the release of approximately $400 million in US aid.

If the answer is "correct" to one or both of the above, why are the Dems continuing to investigate instead of just bringing articles of impeachment against Trump up for a vote?

Views from both sides welcome.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Sadly, I have no control over the House. I’ve read the Mueller report and witnessed enough to convict for high crimes(especially considering Clinton’s one lie impeachment). But apparently they believe some need to see more evidence. Like you.
I'm not familiar enough with impeachable offenses to know if they do or don't have enough but if they're so damn confident that they've got a case to impeach then they need to shit or get off the pot. It's obvious that they're just dragging this as far as they can bc they're not confident they can beat Trump in 2020 without it...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Is the following correct or incorrect?
1. House Dems believe the Mueller Report PROVES multiple instances of obstruction of justice by Trump
2. House Dems believe the transcript of the call between Trump and Zelensky PROVES Trump asked a foreign government to investigate his political opponent in exchange for the release of approximately $400 million in US aid.

If the answer is "correct" to one or both of the above, why are the Dems continuing to investigate instead of just bringing articles of impeachment against Trump up for a vote?

Views from both sides welcome.
Bc they honestly don't think they can succeed with impeachment nor do they think they can beat Trump straight up in 2020 so they're dragging this as far into the election as they possibly can to try and beat him. Which will probably have the reverse effect...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Translation - you got owned.
No. I’m just sorry you feel that way. The memo is incomplete. The old “yeah I didn’t recall that being discussed”. Or how about “that wasn’t in the notes.”
So you do believe it’s materially inaccurate?

That aside, you CLEARLY don’t understand how such memos are created. Disappointing since you seem expend some effort in trying to understand issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013

That aside, you CLEARLY don’t understand how such memos are created. Disappointing since you seem expend some effort in trying to understand issues.

If there are 10 problems on a math test and you only answer 5 but all 5 are correct you weren’t inaccurate you were incomplete.

Also interesting as I post this looks like Rudy finds himself under a counter Intelligence and criminal investigation.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

If there are 10 problems on a math test and you only answer 5 but all 5 are correct you weren’t inaccurate you were incomplete.

Also interesting as I post this looks like Rudy finds himself under a counter Intelligence and criminal investigation.
So now it’s incomplete but not inaccurate. Lol
What evidence exists that it’s incomplete?
Of course that’s highly improbable given the process. It would require an extensive conspiracy involving dozens of people for the record to be incomplete.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
BTW, here is pic of the marginal tax rates from 2011, when Buffet first made his claim about the 20 persons in his office (including his secretary, I assume) paying such a high tax rate; 36% was what he said in his NYT op-ed.

View attachment 74121
Wow, he must pay them a lot of money.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Was this a coup attempt by the GOP on congress? They also violated congressional security rules. Maybe we should investigate where that video and audio got sent. Maybe a personal server or device?

https://thebulwark.com/house-republicans-may-have-committed-some-light-treason/
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/re...mmunity-watchdog-leaks-silence-chuck-grassley

"What are they worried about, and what are they kicking into 'overdrive?' Johnson and Grassley wrote. "Who are the 'sisters,' and what does it mean to say that the 'sisters have [been] leaking like mad'?"