If Football Is Cancelled

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
The ticket office will offer to let you roll your ticket purchase over to next year's tickets. I think that's what I'll do since we know the AD is gonna need the cash. I love OSU and we don’t have Boone anymore to help the university financially. It’s going to take an effort by a lot of fans to pick up part of the slack. GO POKES!!!
What will you do?

colin1497

Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!
A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
In German, if and when are the same word, but in English you picked the wrong one. I already have told the ticket office that I'm just waiting on the official announcement.

colin1497

A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
If football season gets canceled I say we round up all the people who refused to wear and mask and shoot them. Or let them move to certain states and secede from the union. Or export them to Canada and Mexico.
As if somebody else wants them.

Oct 30, 2007
Iowa State's AD said they would face a budget deficit of $40 million if football isn't played. Our deficit would be even higher. I don't think Power 5 conferences will cancel football unless our country goes back into lockdown because they'll lose too much money.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
If football season gets canceled I say we round up all the people who refused to wear and mask and shoot them. Or let them move to certain states and secede from the union. Or export them to China and Russia.
FIFY.

Rolling over seems to be the best option for everyone. AD could offer perks, like more opportunities to move up for those who commit early.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
My sons FB season got delayed yesterday in Dallas, TX. First game is in Oct now. Can’t have in person workouts or practice until Sept 8th. TX takes their HS FB kind of seriously, so I was surprised they didn’t wait another couple of weeks to see if a miracle happened with the virus. I don’t see a season happening this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
They are going to have the same or more expenses next year. So if everybody rolls their already purchased tickets over to next, that will cover the shortfall for this year but will create a shortfall for next year. A shortfall will happen either way if the season doesn't happen. People who can afford to let it roll over, might as well, people who can't, shouldn't feel bad about getting a refund.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
They are going to have the same or more expenses next year. So if everybody rolls their already purchased tickets over to next, that will cover the shortfall for this year but will create a shortfall for next year. A shortfall will happen either way if the season doesn't happen. People who can afford to let it roll over, might as well, people who can't, shouldn't feel bad about getting a refund.
Yes, but the hope is it occurs in a relatively normal year where you can better project the shortfall and find ways to compensate for it. Removing ticket sales from the equation also makes moving games around easier so they can at least play some games this year and get TV money. The ratings for these games may be crazy high.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
My sons FB season got delayed yesterday in Dallas, TX. First game is in Oct now. Can’t have in person workouts or practice until Sept 8th. TX takes their HS FB kind of seriously, so I was surprised they didn’t wait another couple of weeks to see if a miracle happened with the virus. I don’t see a season happening this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course they do. It is their second most popular religion.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
It spreads the shortfall in cash flow over two seasons which is more manageable.

colin1497

A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
Realize TV rights are most of the money, but yeah, don't do it if you can't. If you can, I think it helps the AD manage through the dumpster fire better and you should try to step up.