I support President Trump

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
It was super duper for sure. Never seen 100 foot trees bending over to touch the ground.
But I have seen Bomb Cyclone used recently as well. Think meteorologists get bored and make up names as they go along. Just saw they officially designated a storm that went through Irving last Friday as a tornado, yet acknowledge it had straight-line winds. HTF is that even possible?

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
But I have seen Bomb Cyclone used recently as well. Think meteorologists get bored and make up names as they go along. Just saw they officially designated a storm that went through Irving last Friday as a tornado, yet acknowledge it had straight-line winds. HTF is that even possible?
I saw that too. I guess they’re basing the names based on the damage.

Nov 6, 2010
It’s so bad that we don’t answer the land line. The ringer is off and there’s an outgoing message blaming robocalls and if you need us, then write. Cell phone isn’t as bad but same outgoing message.
Which begs the question, why do you still have a land line?

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Which begs the question, why do you still have a land line?
Post 14
Ha. I know. We had a hurricane come into Seattle in 06. Not really but I don’t know what to call a storm that came off the ocean and lasted 8 hours with winds so powerful that they destroyed the generators not just the transformers. Everything was down. No cable. No internet. No power. But holy crap, the landline worked! Ever since, I make sure we have one.
Sorry. Lazy so I copied paste my last response.