I re-watched last years Texas game last night...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Totally get that... I was on a date with my now wife at a restaraunt/bar that had the 2011 ISU game on trying to avoid seeing it because I know it was getting recorded. Some douche kept making comments and even told me we lost as the two of us were heading out. She got mad at me when I walked away for a bit because I was getting seriously pissed at the dude.
I've told this on here before but when we played Central Michigan I was trying to avoid seeing the score because we had it recorded. Peaking at the score is a cardinal sin in our family. I logged on to CNN just for something to look at and it said something about us losing in dramatic fashion. Not CNN sports, but freakin CNN.

I couldn't admit it to the family so I sat through that whole thing knowing that something horrible was coming. Something so bad it made the CNN front page news. At the end it was down to the wire, we had the ball and the lead and my son was celebrating, but I was waiting for the shoe to drop. The clock counted down to zero and I was starting to think CNN got the wrong OSU or something. I was clinging to denial.

Then I saw a flag on the field. The only thing missing was that screechy sound in the movie Psycho when the killer pushed open the shower curtain.

That was a hard game to watch.

marvin7

Greenhorn
Dec 12, 2020
OKC
After the game, I too made a list of all the crazy and terrible things that went wrong. It was about half a season's worth of them all in one game. If I'm remembering right, Mark Rogers on the radio referred to it as "the baddest beat I've seen in a decade."

Aug 19, 2006
Seems like a replay of my life as a Cowboy fan. 2014 in Norman we stole one from squinky. You folks recall any others?
Where to start. There have been so many. Too many. Half of the bedlam games over the past decade were completely winnable. We just kept finding new ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Used to break my heart every time we let one slip through our fingers. I've become a little calloused over the years. Just try enjoy the big games we win and not get distraught about the ones we fumble away.

Having said that, I just can't watch a Bedlam game anymore. Always feels like a train wreck waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
My completely unsolicited observation but here goes anyway…. After watching OU-Texas a few things became pretty clear. We must have a ferocious pass rush. Thompson gets rattled under pressure and is sometimes indecisive. Several times when he should have tucked and ran. several times he scrambled around until he got nailed. Give him time to throw and he will launch a pretty accurate rocket downfield.

Our offense MUST keep the Texas D on the field. By the end of the 3rd Qtr they were gassed. Grind them down and wear them out and we are good.