I’ll say it. Curse of Oak Island rocks!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

dirtyp

Wrangler
Jul 5, 2004
I must have missed it. The only awesome artifact I have seen them uncover is the possible Knights Templar cross a couple of seasons ago. Every time I tune in this season all they discover is oxen shoes, iron spikes, & more oxen shoes. I admit I am only half paying attention though...

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I must have missed it. The only awesome artifact I have seen them uncover is the possible Knights Templar cross a couple of seasons ago. Every time I tune in this season all they discover is oxen shoes, iron spikes, & more oxen shoes. I admit I am only half paying attention though...
Turns out that the swamp really was man made. Three feet under it, they have found multiple roads, a cellar, ring bolts (4), survey markers dated to the mid to late 1500’s. They’ve found the ox shoes were Scottish and FDR happens to be a relative to the clans that started Nova Scotia ( New Scotland ) as his family was involved in earlier hunts there. It’s within the realm of possibility that these really are two separate islands that had a ship sunk between them and a swamp made to cover it all up. That in itself is a pretty huge discovery and they may have evidence that certain “elites” in Europe knew of the new world, centuries in advance of Columbus.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I've watched the show since the beginning. I don't believe there's any treasure left on the island, I think others found it long ago. However, it is pretty fascinating. The possibility of precolumbian European artifacts in North America is pretty significant.

TrevB11

Wrangler
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
I've watched the show since the beginning. I don't believe there's any treasure left on the island, I think others found it long ago. However, it is pretty fascinating. The possibility of precolumbian European artifacts in North America is pretty significant.
I always love learning new things about the history of humans, I know alot of people belive it to be pseudoscience, but Graham Hancock has a book over the possibility of people being in North American for tens of thousands of years before then. Again i am by no means an expert on this stuff, but am always interested in the subject!

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
I always love learning new things about the history of humans, I know alot of people belive it to be pseudoscience, but Graham Hancock has a book over the possibility of people being in North American for tens of thousands of years before then. Again i am by no means an expert on this stuff, but am always interested in the subject!
Some of those ruin (sp) stones found throughout the US might be for reals. If so, that changes everything.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
The loot is long gone but the evidence they left behind is pretty staggering. That’s my treasure. Been around since the beginning and haven’t missed an episode. I think it’s the last show with commercials that I still record.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Some of those ruin (sp) stones found throughout the US might be for reals. If so, that changes everything.
Rune. Yeah, they might be real.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
The loot is long gone but the evidence they left behind is pretty staggering. That’s my treasure. Been around since the beginning and haven’t missed an episode. I think it’s the last show with commercials that I still record.
I bought this season on Amazon so I don't have to watch commercials.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I'm a huge history nerd and while there seems to be some merit to Hancock's claims, the dude is a grade-A huckster. His early NA migration theory is firing an arrow and then drawing a circle around it. I can't stand people like that.

That said, it's highly plausible that there was at least one pre-Clovis culture in the Americas.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Please tell me that they find remains of a ship in the swamp. It seems highly plausible with all of the stuff they’ve found in there over the years.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Please tell me that they find remains of a ship in the swamp. It seems highly plausible with all of the stuff they’ve found in there over the years.
Haven't seen this week episode yet, but it is really looking like the Swamp was created to conceal SOMETHING. That is a major industrial effort for the pre-industrial world.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Haven't seen this week episode yet, but it is really looking like the Swamp was created to conceal SOMETHING. That is a major industrial effort for the pre-industrial world.

This season really has made the series. It was all myths and innuendo at the beginning. Followed by expert after expert. So many directions and possibilities. But this season has shown, IMO, concrete proof that swamp was man made hundreds of years ago. They keep talking about something big being brought to the island but I think there’s an equal possibility that they were taking something big from the island. Maybe it was a mine and not a treasure site. Regardless, it’s pretty amazing.

Haven’t seen this week yet either, but they’ve found all kinds of ship artifacts in that swamp just this season too. Latest theory was a ship was put between two islands and sunk by fire. Then covered up and an industrial site was built upon the cover up area. Since then, it’s just a swamp. A purposely built swamp.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
This season really has made the series. It was all myths and innuendo at the beginning. Followed by expert after expert. So many directions and possibilities. But this season has shown, IMO, concrete proof that swamp was man made hundreds of years ago. They keep talking about something big being brought to the island but I think there’s an equal possibility that they were taking something big from the island. Maybe it was a mine and not a treasure site. Regardless, it’s pretty amazing.

Haven’t seen this week yet either, but they’ve found all kinds of ship artifacts in that swamp just this season too. Latest theory was a ship was put between two islands and sunk by fire. Then covered up and an industrial site was built upon the cover up area. Since then, it’s just a swamp. A purposely built swamp.
Haven't seen it in years, but have they explained how anyone could turn it into a swamp?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

They're doing some fairly significant archeology.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004

Haven't seen it in years, but have they explained how anyone could turn it into a swamp?
Not completely, no. That's part of the archeological work.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
So far, the best the show has shown, they sailed a ship up between two close islands. Evidenced by several large “eye bolts” left behind. Large enough and sunk into boulders to hold a ships ties in port. Off loaded as evidenced by a series of actual stoned in roads, tar kiln, dozens of oxen shoes (evidence of pulling heavy loads on a flat service) and now a possible weigh station. Then they sunk the ship by burning it. Filled in the rest with spoils from the flood trap tunnels dug elsewhere and throughout the islands. The ocean seeped in and 3 centuries of rain water made a swamp. As evidenced my carbon dating wood under the paved stones under the swamp. Insanity I tell you.