Huge Beirut explosion shatters windows across Lebanese capital

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTR0x-fYhJk
Man that was so cool seeing that Israeli protest over netanyahu be broadcast as if it were a Lebanon protest. I guess NBC still doesn't know how to properly provide video footage of their reports.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Man that was so cool seeing that Israeli protest over netanyahu be broadcast as if it were a Lebanon protest. I guess NBC still doesn't know how to properly provide video footage of their reports.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Good catch. To be fair, the protests in Lebanon are out of control with several videos of forces firing live rounds on the protesters.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
220 dead and 110 still missing and presumed dead and like 7000+ injured

300,000 + homeless
Again, with that much destruction, just unbelievable.

I haven't heard or read anything about evacuation efforts prior to the explosion, but they almost had to have evacuated a large part of the area. I would have expected damn near 1k people just in the immediate ground zero area working the dock/warehouse district. And they would have been disintergrated.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Again, with that much destruction, just unbelievable.

I haven't heard or read anything about evacuation efforts prior to the explosion, but they almost had to have evacuated a large part of the area. I would have expected damn near 1k people just in the immediate ground zero area working the dock/warehouse district. And they would have been disintergrated.
The fire had been burning for a little while I believe so they probably had evacuated quite a few of the people in the docks and warehouse area. I mean it was supposed to be a fireworks facility on fire (and apparently was and then spread), so that was enough on its own to get people out for some of the area.