Huge Beirut explosion shatters windows across Lebanese capital

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Beirut, Lebanon (CNN)A massive explosion ripped through the Lebanese capital Beirut on Tuesday, injuring many people and blowing out windows in buildings across the city.
The source of the explosion was initially believed to be a major fire at a warehouse for firecrackers near the port in Beirut, the state-run National News Agency reported.
The blast sent up a huge mushroom cloud-like shockwave and damaged buildings miles from the port, including the headquarters of former Prime Minister Saad Hariri and CNN's bureau in downtown Beirut.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/04/middleeast/beirut-explosion-port-intl/index.html

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Beirut, Lebanon (CNN)A massive explosion ripped through the Lebanese capital Beirut on Tuesday, injuring many people and blowing out windows in buildings across the city.
The source of the explosion was initially believed to be a major fire at a warehouse for firecrackers near the port in Beirut, the state-run National News Agency reported.
The blast sent up a huge mushroom cloud-like shockwave and damaged buildings miles from the port, including the headquarters of former Prime Minister Saad Hariri and CNN's bureau in downtown Beirut.

That’s insane.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

1596563883175.png

1596563910454.png

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Damn, it took out the entire port

https://twitter.com/HacerYeten/status/1290709301619765252
Unless there was time for some pretty extensive evacuations, I don't see how the death tolls aren't in the thousands. That really was a massive explosion.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
you aren't kidding..it won't even be considered .....crap tons of people on Twitter blaming Israel right now. People sharing fake Tweets from Israel PM official Twitter acct claiming responsibility for it. People doctoring videos to make it look like a missile hit it
Not surprised one bit.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Probably not an Iranian arms shipment to Hezbollah...the shipping route just wouldn't be feasible.
Beirut officials are claiming it was seized high explosives that had been taken off a ship a year ago and stored there on the dock.

That is BS we know. For Hezbollah it isn't feasible and Israel said they didn't do anything

Now my official guess here is that it was a weapons mfg/smuggling operation at the dock where arms are brought in and distributed to whom ever they see fit or who has $$. I bet the Beirut officials are correct. I'm sure it was high explosives etc....but I bet they weren't seized. I bet they were being smuggled through that port and the Leaders in Beirut were the ones doing the smuggling

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Beirut officials are claiming it was seized high explosives that had been taken off a ship a year ago and stored there on the dock.

That is BS we know. For Hezbollah it isn't feasible and Israel said they didn't do anything

Now my official guess here is that it was a weapons mfg/smuggling operation at the dock where arms are brought in and distributed to whom ever they see fit or who has $$. I bet the Beirut officials are correct. I'm sure it was high explosives etc....but I bet they weren't seized. I bet they were being smuggled through that port and the Leaders in Beirut were the ones doing the smuggling
I would not, however, discount sabotage by the Mossad and/or its affiliates. Absolutely no way in hell they just leave seized high explosives just sitting there.