How Much Do We Really Care About Softball?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I’m the opposite. I’d trade every Wrestling championship we’ve ever won for one in football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well I could tell you all of the reasons this is not a great opinion, but I'm unlikely to change your mind so let's just go ahead and agree to disagree respectfully.

Our wrestling tradition sets us apart. "Nobody cares about wrestling" is a trope by sooner fans to make us feel inferior when we are not.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well I could tell you all of the reasons this is not a great opinion, but I'm unlikely to change your mind so let's just go ahead and agree to disagree respectfully.

Our wrestling tradition sets us apart. "Nobody cares about wrestling" is a trope by sooner fans to make us feel inferior when we are not.
That wrestling tradition is in about Notre Dame football position right now...how do you advise we fix it?

It's silly to change barbs about which sport we want a championship in...I want us to win one in all of them...Heck in football we are much closer than in wrestling at this point in time...World love for us to get back in the hunt in wrestling like we are in football.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I’m the opposite. I’d trade every Wrestling championship we’ve ever won for one in football.

I can agree. My Wife’s gpa wrestled at OSU. But face it, it’s a popularity is fading. It’s not what it was in the 70s. Title 9 didn’t help it either.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I can agree. My Wife’s gpa wrestled at OSU. But face it, it’s a popularity is fading. It’s not what it was in the 70s. Title 9 didn’t help it either.

Ehhh participation on the youth level is through the roof and the advancement of the women's sport is only going to help. It's about 5-6 on the NCAA popularity list right now. Think we're about to see a growth period with programs adding women's programs and then reintroducing long lost men's programs as part of that.

Sep 23, 2010
Rankings for me
1) National Championship in football or basketball
2) Conference Champs/ Football or Basketball Final 4
3) 10 wins or more in football, Top 3 conference finish in basketball (Other words, really good seasons)
4) National Championships in other sports

I have really enjoyed following the softball team the last couple years in the playoffs. And when wrestling is in the mix, I typically follow it as well. But it's not something I schedule my evening/day around like I would for a big football/basketball game.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa

Title 9 could help it. Hell, I’d go to a women’s wrestling match.