How is OSU football gonna work...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
In the event of the following:

- OSU in person classes are suspended and the campus is closed due to unacceptable campus outbreak?

- 10(?) or more players test positive?

- another B12 school is forced to suspend football operations due to either too many student positives, or too many player positives?

- less than 10 league members are able to play a full 9-game league schedule?

- a local health dept shuts down attendance? Or gathering sizes less than the size of a football team and staff are prohibited?

- other conferences suspend football?

Are we just living a dream that a season will actually be completed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
We all know how fragile it is but as of this moment, the season is on. Let's leave it at that until/unless it changes. Maybe every team on the schedule will have an outbreak just before we play them and we become conference champs.

Or maybe ou will be forced to play us with a walk-on defensive tackle at QB......who will then of course throw for 600 yards and 7 touchdowns.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Virus cheerleading is far more dangerous than the virus. Why not cheer for it to happen, as is both the plan and the determination of all involved in the Big 12, ACC, and SEC.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Virus cheerleading is far more dangerous than the virus. Why not cheer for it to happen, as is both the plan and the determination of all involved in the Big 12, ACC, and SEC.
Everybody is cheering for the season to happen. Nobody is cheering for the virus to cancel the season.

The point of the post, which apparently is not evident, is - what happens to football in the event.......

Certainly somebody besides me has considered such complications

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I think a really good backup plan would be that if things blow up, suspend the rest of the season to the spring and play the rest of your games then. If a full season can be completed in the fall, then great. If everyone has to stop, pick up where you left off in the spring. But we all know that logical thinking and planning ahead are way beyond our conference’s leadership.

Jul 26, 2005
Broken Arrow, OK
If 15-20 guys have COVID they're likely shutting it down for 2 weeks and not playing. It won't matter that there are 80 or 90 other guys to put on the field. And it won't matter that the COVID had nothing to do with playing football when players are getting it by hanging out with their girlfriend at a sorority house or at a bar on the strip.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Everybody is cheering for the season to happen. Nobody is cheering for the virus to cancel the season.

The point of the post, which apparently is not evident, is - what happens to football in the event.......

What happens in the event we have football and finish the thing as the champions? I would think that would be a much better topic for us on a Poke fan message board. No?

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
I think a really good backup plan would be that if things blow up, suspend the rest of the season to the spring and play the rest of your games then. If a full season can be completed in the fall, then great. If everyone has to stop, pick up where you left off in the spring. But we all know that logical thinking and planning ahead are way beyond our conference’s leadership.
We have fans of this very school that think the Big 12 is in a better place with West Virginia and TCU than we were with Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska and Texas A&M, because they keep repeating that silliness.

Aug 7, 2006

The people who make decisions have considered those complications and have plans in place should they occur. Coincidentally, those same people aren't posting on Orange Power dot com. Could be why you're not getting the answers you want.

Oct 30, 2007
Football players would actually be much safer on campus if regular students get sent home. I'm not sure if university presidents and athletic directors will allow that to happen though.

There's no doubt that there will be games postponed due to positive tests, but hopefully the built-in bye weeks will allow most games to be rescheduled instead of cancelled.

It's very possible that attendance could go to zero if things get worse, but I don't see Big 12 states tightening restrictions so much that football can't be played. That could happen in the ACC though.

College football may never happen this year, but I'll hope for the best. At least the numbers have been trending in the right direction over the past few weeks. Hopefully that doesn't change with schools reopening.

1597865428639.png

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I didn't miss the fact that Notre Dame, Michigan State, and UNC have all suspended in-person classes.
Football doesn't depend on in-person classes...the players at Oklahoma State anyway are mostly on-line and virtual already, 75% or so of their classes are correspondence...so this has been thought about in advance.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yeah. I was saying two months ago that football season was in danger. Then the B1G and Pac12 postponed until Spring. I give it another 2 weeks.
Is your desire to be right showing it's ugly head? I know you live in Ohio, when is the last time you attended a football game in Stillwater in person? I just think that would be nice background to show your "investment," in all thing OSU football and it's best interest.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

The people who make decisions have considered those complications and have plans in place should they occur. Coincidentally, those same people aren't posting on Orange Power dot com. Could be why you're not getting the answers you want.
I would certainly hope so. But how do you know? And if you know, do you know the plans? And if you know the plans, why not tell us?

Or are you just poppin off? Or are you just wanting to make a pointless point?

Nonetheless, I’m trying to stimulate a discussion. You’re no help.