How good is OSU (Gundy) in games with a line of +/-3?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Current rankings aren't the foolproof method you're making them to be. We will be lucky to finish in the top 25 this season, which I think is fair considering how we've played. Texas can brag about a "top 10" win all they want, but that doesn't mean they beat the 6th best team in the country that day. Not even close.

Personally, I don't even think rankings should be published or counted until conference championships have been played. The intermediate rankings are meaningless IMO, and only used for TV ratings.
Never said it was foolproof, simply the system that we have.

The selection committee will continue to use factors such as wins against top 25 teams, wins against teams with winning records, and their expertise to come together and select the best four teams week by week.

Wins over top 25 teams is part of the of the selection criteria the BCS.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
And we’re supposed to trust your numbers when heretofore every post has had incorrect numbers?

And if someone can’t count, we’re supposed to acknowledge their take on wrong numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you able to count more conference championships (1), wins against our "rival" (2), or wins against final Top 10 teams (3) than I have? Because those tell the story pretty easily.
How many of those losses were against better rosters? Rosters that OSU will never have, regardless of the coach.

This thread is about coaching. Coaching the roster you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
How many of those losses were against better rosters? Rosters that OSU will never have, regardless of the coach.

This thread is about coaching. Coaching the roster you have.
Is recruiting not the responsibility of the head coach?
1. Gundy doesn't recruit very well, and routinely has us outside the top 25 in recruiting rankings. So don't act like he has no control over this. Boynton doesn't seem to have problems getting elite talent.
2. Gundy doesn't adjust his game plans for the personnel he has. It's one of my biggest complaints with him. He runs the same offense that LSU runs, but tries to do it with 2* and 3* linemen. It's idiotic.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Is recruiting not the responsibility of the head coach?
1. Gundy doesn't recruit very well, and routinely has us outside the top 25 in recruiting rankings. So don't act like he has no control over this. Boynton doesn't seem to have problems getting elite talent.
2. Gundy doesn't adjust his game plans for the personnel he has. It's one of my biggest complaints with him. He runs the same offense that LSU runs, but tries to do it with 2* and 3* linemen. It's idiotic.
The thread was about his recent record against teams considered roughly equal which has nothing to do with recruiting.

I'll bet there aren't 5 coaches with a better opponent quality adjusted record vs recruiting ranking. In other words, I'll bet every P5 team with more wins than OSU in the last 10 years has a significantly better recruiting ranking. What does your spreadsheet say?