How do we finish?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Tough issues today on personel...can we win without Chubba and SI. SS needs to remain healthy and keep from having turnovers. I'm hopeful as always, but we really need to play fundamentals and not get out of their box. IF IF IF we can do that we are better than Tech. Let's get er done!

Oct 30, 2007
Tough issues today on personel...can we win without Chubba and SI. SS needs to remain healthy and keep from having turnovers. I'm hopeful as always, but we really need to play fundamentals and not get out of their box. IF IF IF we can do that we are better than Tech. Let's get er done!
How many games has SS played without getting injured? Seems like less than 50% of his games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
We can win without Shane. The question is can we win with qb3

Nov 6, 2010
OK, we squeaked out a win today. If we get either of our RB's back and maybe an Olineman or two, can we win out?? I think maybe we can, but it took an awful lot of breaks for us to win today, and no way we get that many lucky bounces again. Any word or Jenkins or either of the two Olinemen we lost early in the year?? I'm thinking LD should be available next week since he sat out this week.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I really hate being negative, but it just doesn't really matter. Gundy sucks, will never win a big game, and just gets paid to beat really bad times and make them look good while we do it

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
OK, we squeaked out a win today. If we get either of our RB's back and maybe an Olineman or two, can we win out?? I think maybe we can, but it took an awful lot of breaks for us to win today, and no way we get that many lucky bounces again. Any word or Jenkins or either of the two Olinemen we lost early in the year?? I'm thinking LD should be available next week since he sat out this week.
IF we have both LD and Jackson carrying the rock that takes pressure off Sanders and he plays much more in control. I think Spenser Sanders did a VERY nice job today playing hurt. He played the best game since Oregon State opener a year ago. Maybe he's finally starting to see things slow down...last week being a mulligan due to getting injured right off. His pass to Wallace in the endzone and the over the back one were very spot on right down the stove pipe. Having a RB have that kind of game makes a huge difference. Should have ended at 57-44...but hey...I'll take the win.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I really hate being negative, but it just doesn't really matter. Gundy sucks, will never win a big game, and just gets paid to beat really bad times and make them look good while we do it
Our teams under Gundy have won a ton of big games...do we need to list them out for you? Honestly we, as a football team, suck vs ou...that's about it...otherwise we have won a ton of big games under this coach. I don't like the overly conservative play, but he's a very good coach...a bad coach loses today under the circumstances...mentally of a team that was BEAT DOWN last week. We were without our QB2 or RB1 and RB2...yet we had our best offensive game of the year and played with very nice Oline play. This was the first game all year that the same five guys on the OL played the entire game at the positions they practiced all week.

TCU is a good team and they have KU today...so likely they come into next week with a head of steam and confidence. We lost a stupid game last time we went there...we so need to win this coming week. IF we win out it will have been a good coaching year...even with the horrible game on all fronts last week...our team read their press clippings early this year and forgot to bring in on Saturdays...let's see what the coaches salvage.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Our teams under Gundy have won a ton of big games...do we need to list them out for you? Honestly we, as a football team, suck vs ou...that's about it...otherwise we have won a ton of big games under this coach. I don't like the overly conservative play, but he's a very good coach...a bad coach loses today under the circumstances...mentally of a team that was BEAT DOWN last week.
I've been there for 95% of the "big" wins you mention. We lost to Texas, with a better team, and embarrassed ourselves in Norman. There is no way in those two losses you can call Mikey a very good coach.. To flip that around a coach being paid in the 15th percentile in the nation should win this game today by 20, but our overpaid coach won't unleash. To hell with his over aid self.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I've been there for 95% of the "big" wins you mention. We lost to Texas, with a better team, and embarrassed ourselves in Norman. There is no way in those two losses you can call Mikey a very good coach.. To flip that around a coach being paid in the 15th percentile in the nation should win this game today by 20, but our overpaid coach won't unleash. To hell with his over aid self.
Gundy is like 25th in the country in salary...so what's our ranking? Top 10 salary guys make TWICE what he makes. However, we seem to get a ton out of the talent we have...he makes good hires and has kept one of the best strength guys in the nation for over 16 freaking years....being as our players these days don't really all do that well in the pros when they make it, it's obvious we are doing some great coaching on our staffs over the Gundy years. Certainly we need to be better at recruiting, and OH BTW, the west endzone is a decade old now...still tip top shape, but we no longer stand above many in the top 25 anymore in that regard. The truth is that we need to recruit better, but it may take some ncaa action on fair recruiting and distribution of talent to achieve that. Hate on the man all you want, but he's the best coach in our history and we will dip significantly without him at the helm...I hope I'm wrong on the last part, but I fear I'm not.

Since you hate Gundy...who would you hire that would be better...and if they aren't new guys, what's their record against him?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Gundy is like 25th in the country in salary...so what's our ranking? Top 10 salary guys make TWICE what he makes. However, we seem to get a ton out of the talent we have...he makes good hires and has kept one of the best strength guys in the nation for over 16 freaking years....being as our players these days don't really all do that well in the pros when they make it, it's obvious we are doing some great coaching on our staffs over the Gundy years. Certainly we need to be better at recruiting, and OH BTW, the west endzone is a decade old now...still tip top shape, but we no longer stand above many in the top 25 anymore in that regard. The truth is that we need to recruit better, but it make take some ncaa action on fair recruiting and distribution of talent to achieve that. Hate on the man all you want, but he's the best coach in our history and we will dip significantly without him at the helm...I hope I'm wrong on the last part, but I fear I'm not.

Since you hate Gundy...who would you hire that would be better...and if they aren't new guys, what's their record against him?
I don't hate Gundy, I hate the lack of effort, the arrogance, and no accountability. A pedestrian offense with all the stupid play calling is terrible. The only reason he doesn't want an explosive offense may be as stupid as he wants the fans to stay at the game. He's overpaid and needs to get with the program, or lots of people like me are going to say screw it, I'm not going to be locked into this kind of deal.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I don't hate Gundy, I hate the lack of effort, the arrogance, and no accountability. A pedestrian offense with all the stupid play calling is terrible. The only reason he doesn't want an explosive offense may be as stupid as he wants the fans to stay at the game. He's overpaid and needs to get with the program, or lots of people like me are going to say screw it, I'm not going to be locked into this kind of deal.
Yep it sucks to be top 25 nearly every year, go to bowls and win them...count me out too. :runaway:...Normal year we are currently sitting at 8-2...with two games and a bowl left that matches our win total last year and outperforms the two years prior. We beat a very good ISU team and TU team...might get lucky and make the conference final...doubt it, but we still have good stuff to play for. It's LAZY as hell to think a coaching change is going to fix our ou problem...Not to mention stupid.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Yep it sucks to be top 25 nearly every year, go to bowls and win them...count me out too. :runaway:...Normal year we are currently sitting at 8-2...with two games and a bowl left that matches our win total last year and outperforms the two years prior. We beat a very good ISU team and TU team...might get lucky and make the conference final...doubt it, but we still have good stuff to play for. It's LAZY as hell to think a coaching change is going to fix our ou problem...Not to mention stupid.
So you actually like having 0% chance against the goons, no chance to elevate above what has been done and go to some bowl game that isn't exclusive? So you want to be all hat and no cattle, just a little rawhide outfit that whines about the wealthy ranchers that keep them down.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Confirmed. Check this out.

Career Win % = 0.673
Versus Teams with Winning Records = 0.483
Versus Final Top 25 Ranked Teams = 0.300
Versus P5 Teams (All) = 0.583
Versus P5 Teams with Winning Records = 0.245
Versus Top 10 = 0.143

So basically, we beat up on super weak teams, and have a 25-30% chance of beating halfway legit teams. Less than 15% against Top 10 teams....

We have the facilities to do better than this IMO.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Annnnnd this is why no changes will be made any time soon, I’m willing to bet at least half of our fan base is “ok” with beating Tulsa, losing to Texas and OU but making a worthless bowl game just because they are afraid we will fall back into the 90s coming off probation playing in a high school stadium. Rinse and repeat next year.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Annnnnd this is why no changes will be made any time soon, I’m willing to bet at least half of our fan base is “ok” with beating Tulsa, losing to Texas and OU but making a worthless bowl game just because they are afraid we will fall back into the 90s coming off probation playing in a high school stadium. Rinse and repeat next year.
We all know the next line, "You didn't walk the halls of OSU when we were bad and understand the special love and devotion that is held by most of us. Gundy is one of us and we must loyal"
The problem with that is I walked those same halls at the same time. That argument is ridulous and either the program gets better or it will die. We are at the Frank Anderson stage of Gundy's tenure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.