How about Baker yesterday? How'd he do?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Specious like trying to compare career competency with someone who’s played in four career games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, like acting like a guy who's 8-11 & regressing is a successful NFL QB.

If this dude's name wasn't Baker, you'd call him mediocre at best NFL QB.

This is reality. QB B: 63% to 56% comp. pct/ 27td/14int to 5td/11int/ QBR 53.2 to 38.2/ W-L 6-7 to 2-4 (8-11 overall)

When they're 2-5 after Sunday, it'll get interesting.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Don't really give a shit, just trying to dumb it down for you. I failed.
You failed because you dont appear to know what you are talking about here.

What true evidence do we have that Mason isn't the better pro? Mason plays behind a Hall of Famer and is just getting ready to start his second game. Mason certainly has fewer interceptions. Your argument is specious at best.
Re-read post, i said pro prospect. As far as who is the better pro, it has to be proven on the field and rudolph hasnt shown us anything yet. So until he does, he's just an injured backup.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You failed because you dont appear to know what you are talking about here.

Re-read post, i said pro prospect. As far as who is the better pro, it has to be proven on the field and rudolph hasnt shown us anything yet. So until he does, he's just an injured backup.
That was your opinion, and the brownies. Their success in evaluating prospects is well noted, what's your excuse?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
That was your opinion, and the brownies. Their success in evaluating prospects is well noted, what's your excuse?
My excuse for what? That was the opinion of everyone- he was going to be the first qb picked, and a 1st rounder, that wasnt even a question, even before they knew who had the pick. A bunch of top notch prospects got picked in the 1st round, rudolph was still available in the 3rd round for a reason. I mean this isnt even a discussion.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
My excuse for what? That was the opinion of everyone- he was going to be the first qb picked, and a 1st rounder, that wasnt even a question, even before they knew who had the pick. A bunch of top notch prospects got picked in the 1st round, rudolph was still available in the 3rd round for a reason. I mean this isnt even a discussion.
Curious as to your thoughts on Murray vs. Mayfield so far this year.

I gotta say, watching that first AZ game was painful, but Kingsbury's figuring some things out, despite no Oline at all.

While Kyler's stats aren't off the charts, he's quietly having a pretty decent rookie season, imo. Dude's certainly working with a lot less weapons.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Curious as to your thoughts on Murray vs. Mayfield so far this year.

I gotta say, watching that first AZ game was painful, but Kingsbury's figuring some things out, despite no Oline at all.

While Kyler's stats aren't off the charts, he's quietly having a pretty decent rookie season, imo. Dude's certainly working with a lot less weapons.
Clearly Murray is playing better no doubt about it. I saw they traded their best olineman to the giants in order to obtain beckham's services and his replacement had 14 snaps before this season. But it has to be more than just the line sucking. I also dont think they did any favors hiring the running backs coach to be the HC. Lucky for me my favorite team is set up better for success.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
The only top notch qb pick in that age range was Mahomes (he did go a year earlier). There has been no separation after the draft in that class.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Q: What Hall of Fame worthy and Super Bowl champion QB threw a combined 43 interceptions in the first two years of his career?

Just for clarification, Mayfield’s tally currently sits at 25.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Popular means it hasn’t had a post in four months huh? That’s pretty popular.

You’re right, the thread you started about Gundy wasn’t that popular. Still you are on an OSU board starting threads about him. If you ask him nice he may let you comb out his mullet.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
If Baker doesn’t get his act together on the field he is looking at becoming Ryan Leaf Version 2.0. Wasn’t Leaf the second overall player taken in that particular draft ahead of Peyton Manning?
I dont think it would go that way. Leaf was bad from the start- he was missing meetings, earned a reputation for poor worth ethic and constantly blamed teammates for his own suckage. HIs attitude was just terrible, i mean the guy would yawn at his very first press conference. Leaf's rookie season was an absolute travesty though. Regardless of his shortcomings, work ethic and leadership aren't a problem for Mayfield at all. He does need to step up his game though.

The only top notch qb pick in that age range was Mahomes (he did go a year earlier). There has been no separation after the draft in that class.
What does this have to do with my comment which you quoted?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I dont think it would go that way. Leaf was bad from the start- he was missing meetings, earned a reputation for poor worth ethic and constantly blamed teammates for his own suckage. HIs attitude was just terrible, i mean the guy would yawn at his very first press conference. Leaf's rookie season was an absolute travesty though. Regardless of his shortcomings, work ethic and leadership aren't a problem for Mayfield at all. He does need to step up his game though.

You can add a new concern: staying healthy. Rex Ryan was pretty spot on with his analysis of Mayfield's tendencies & how they'll cost the team & get him hurt.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Sounds like he's gonna have to go out and earn that paycheck. But the OC needs to adjust too, when your Oline is playing as bad as they are, they have to make adjustments. Sucks for them , truly.