How about Baker yesterday? How'd he do?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
That's 13 touchdowns and 1 INT in his last 297 attempts.

https://giphy.com/gifs/filmeditor-christmas-movies-a-story-3otPoDOrwAngwe9vH2?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=Embeds&utm_term=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.orangepower.com%2F

man, that 2nd interception was a doozy, after the 2 previous throws should have been picked. I think you jinxed your fap material.
Yup. That’s how jinxs work

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Brilliantly called game by Andy Reid.

Can’t be mad that Cleveland was a drive away from the AFC Championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That first moral playoff victory hit hard?
It’s freaking Cleveland. The most hapless NFL franchise of the last 50 years.

You forget who we’re talking about here.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Same old half-baked, chokes in the playoffs.
We are a long ways away from where we started, aren’t we? Remember how He is too short, too slow, won’t last in the NFL, he will fail in Cleveland, all careers die there, he’ll be a back up his whole career, he’ll never turn them around, Hell never bring them to the playoffs? I remember. Pepperidge Farm remembers.

None of those conversations are being held anymore. Now we are looking a guy Who is leading a previously 1-31 team to their first playoff victory since before he was born. I don’t care who you are, that is an accomplishment worthy of a thread on orange power. Oh he already has one. Neat. Anyway, if we are being objective, I think we all know how different the outcome could have been if the refs called that helmet to helmet causing the fumble/touchback. I bet If that quarterback had went to Oklahoma state, and was those close to a trip to the conference title game you’d have been proud. Maybe. All I know is that Cleveland tried the same thing with a cowboy quarterback and it was nothing but failure. Enter the sooner, and here we are.

Anyway, we’ve moved the bar all the way from projecting abject failure from the onset to now choking in the playoffs against the Super Bowl champions. Maybe next year he will choke in the conference championship, and who knows, they could even choke in the Super Bowl some day. Either way, regardless of what happens, he still has his own thread right here on orange power. So we all get to watch his career and talk about it together like a family.

And one day soon, perhaps in your lifetime, we will be able to talk about an ex Okie state quarterback losing in the playoffs. He (Rudolph) did have an opportunity to knock the Browns out of the playoffs but that didn’t work out too well.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
The thread ragging on a player you guys have nothing to do with based on the fact he curb stomped you all three years he was a Sooner is the definition of butt hurt.

No. You STILL don’t get it.

A thread to laugh at his failures... because he’s a World Class Douche on the same douche-scale level as Johnny Foosball.

You won’t find similar threads on here about Jalen or Kyler... hell many of us root for their success... because they are genuinely good humans.

Zero butthurt. Total celebration of a crappy human receiving the karma that he is due. That’s it.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

A thread to laugh at his failures... because he’s a World Class Douche on the same douche-scale level as Johnny Foosball.

You won’t find similar threads on here about Jalen or Kyler... hell many of us root for their success... because they are genuinely good humans.

Zero butthurt. Total celebration of a crappy human receiving the karma that he is due. That’s it.
This has been explained, though not quite so eloquently, to them numerous times. It falls on deaf ears because Lincoln Riley made something out of a loud-mouthed, narcissistic, Tech reject.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

Lurked in this thread for a while because I started out loathing Baker. He was a completely classless a-hole in college and I wanted him to fail. That said, it seems like he grew up this season, though maybe I'm wrong. Johnny football flamed out spectacularly by now and Baker was #10 in QBR. Not having OBJ seemed to help in a lot of ways, but I'm not sure Baker still is the the guy he was in college. I imagine most of us can relate to at least that. I still prefer Kyler among the OU QBs, but having multiple Big 12 QBs thriving in the NFL helps us all from recruiting to scouting and opportunities that guys get. If Baker can stay less toolish, the other things might trump my desire to see him get his comeuppance and at least be ambivalent about his success.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Lurked in this thread for a while because I started out loathing Baker. He was a completely classless a-hole in college and I wanted him to fail. That said, it seems like he grew up this season, though maybe I'm wrong. Johnny football flamed out spectacularly by now and Baker was #10 in QBR. Not having OBJ seemed to help in a lot of ways, but I'm not sure Baker still is the the guy he was in college. I imagine most of us can relate to at least that. I still prefer Kyler among the OU QBs, but having multiple Big 12 QBs thriving in the NFL helps us all from recruiting to scouting and opportunities that guys get. If Baker can stay less toolish, the other things might trump my desire to see him get his comeuppance and at least be ambivalent about his success.
I 110% agree with this.

Maybe, just maybe, he’s growing up a bit and finding some humility. If he does, I’ll change my stance on him.

Last edited:

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
We are a long ways away from where we started, aren’t we? Remember how He is too short, too slow, won’t last in the NFL, he will fail in Cleveland, all careers die there, he’ll be a back up his whole career, he’ll never turn them around, Hell never bring them to the playoffs? I remember. Pepperidge Farm remembers.

None of those conversations are being held anymore. Now we are looking a guy Who is leading a previously 1-31 team to their first playoff victory since before he was born. I don’t care who you are, that is an accomplishment worthy of a thread on orange power. Oh he already has one. Neat. Anyway, if we are being objective, I think we all know how different the outcome could have been if the refs called that helmet to helmet causing the fumble/touchback. I bet If that quarterback had went to Oklahoma state, and was those close to a trip to the conference title game you’d have been proud. Maybe. All I know is that Cleveland tried the same thing with a cowboy quarterback and it was nothing but failure. Enter the sooner, and here we are.

Anyway, we’ve moved the bar all the way from projecting abject failure from the onset to now choking in the playoffs against the Super Bowl champions. Maybe next year he will choke in the conference championship, and who knows, they could even choke in the Super Bowl some day. Either way, regardless of what happens, he still has his own thread right here on orange power. So we all get to watch his career and talk about it together like a family.

And one day soon, perhaps in your lifetime, we will be able to talk about an ex Okie state quarterback losing in the playoffs. He (Rudolph) did have an opportunity to knock the Browns out of the playoffs but that didn’t work out too well.
Oh gee, I'm sorry, I forgot your issues with anyone remotely laughing at the short, stout body sized qb you worship, except when you don't. He pulled his normal choke job. That is all.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
View attachment 88461

Maybe, but probably not as long as the Chiefs have Mahomes and company.
Well half-baked did transfer from tortilla flat for a reason
Because Kliff didnt offer him a scholarship despite being named Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year? And if he was gonna be a walk on, he might as well have been a walk on at his dream school?

It wasn’t because of a 3* QB with a baseball pedigree. Mahomes had three whole offers out of high school. You guys were one of them.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
Because Kliff didnt offer him a scholarship despite being named Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year? And if he was gonna be a walk on, he might as well have been a walk on at his dream school?

It wasn’t because of a 3* QB with a baseball pedigree. Mahomes had three whole offers out of high school. You guys were one of them.

To be fair, Mayfield's dad caused a lot of Baker's lack of offers. Coach Bro should have given him a scholarship though. He earned it, but maybe he thought he had Mahomes and wanted to put it elsewhere if one or the other would just transfer out. I think it happened the way it was supposed to.