How’s everyone feeling about Baylor.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
More Baylor thoughts.

We’re meaningfully better on offense now than what we put on the field Oct 2nd. We’re also better on defense and in a real groove.

I guess Baylor can say the same thing except at the QB position. Bohanon has cooled off a bit since his early season successes, not to mention the hamstring injury he’s dealing with. And if he can’t go, the really green freshman will be red meat for our defense.

Felling good about the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
If you've ever pulled a hamstring you know how bad it limits your movement. I can't imagine having our D chasing me a strained hamstring. I don't see that ending well.

Dec 17, 2011
If you've ever pulled a hamstring you know how bad it limits your movement. I can't imagine having our D chasing me a strained hamstring. I don't see that ending well.
It takes at least 3 weeks to heal as well. He is on week 2 and without practice

Mar 31, 2011
Baylor felt like the conference game that OSU was most fortunate to win. The first meeting very easily could have gone the other way, Baylor won the turnover battle, and I seem to remember thinking OSU got a favorable call/no-call or two that helped late in the game.

OSU will need to play a cleaner game in the rematch, and they'll need to be the grittier, tougher team. I do believe those things will happen, and I do believe OSU will be crowned the B12 Champions next weekend. If that happens, hopefully the committee doesn't pull out some "Baylor's QB situation wasn't good" nonsense as an excuse to be keep OSU at 5.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
I think our strong leadership will keep a laser focus on the next task. Our defense is determined and our offense keeps getting better. Spencer has kept his composure all year long. Our WRs can’t have another tech type game.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
As long as we don't have a lingering big game let down from Bedlam or aren't awake and ready for the early morning start I think we should be fine and win. However, it's not an easy task, Baylor is physical and very well coached. I do expect a win, just not an easy one.

Oct 30, 2012
Went back last night and watched the game from earlier in the season. Here’s a few things I took away.

1. Our offense was actually pretty efficient in moving the ball. Issue was we would finally hit a wall just outside of FG range and have to punt. Definitely feel like our Offense has progressed since that game.

2. Baylor offense had a little more success than I thought. Don’t get me wrong, our D played fantastic! But the Baylor offense did a great job of getting the ball out of Bohanons hands quick. Which is very smart against our pass rush, have to attack the quick game.

Overall… I think maybe the biggest thing is now Baylor has to honor what we did in the Ou game on offense. We played more 10 personnel than any other game this year, ran up-tempo more than any other game, threw the ball more than usual and was actually efficient in doing so. So they will have to prepare for more on our offense by far than they had to going into the first game. Should be a very good matchup! Go Pokes!

Aug 14, 2005
As long as we don't have a lingering big game let down from Bedlam or aren't awake and ready for the early morning start I think we should be fine and win. However, it's not an easy task, Baylor is physical and very well coached. I do expect a win, just not an easy one.
The lingering big game letdown and resulting lack of focus is what scares me. Hoping Baylor doesn’t seem anticlimactic to this team.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Bohanon has cooled off a bit since his early season successes, not to mention the hamstring injury he’s dealing with. And if he can’t go, the really green freshman will be red meat for our defense.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shapen doesn't look that "green". He's a much better passer than Bohanon--shows a lot of poise, and he can run. I think our D will be fine against him, but he's surprisingly good from what i've seen.

Aug 14, 2005
Hoping their nail biter vs Tech is enough to have gotten them a similar level of energy dump going into championship week. They should have smoked Tech.
That Tech game may have been tough, but the resulting euphoria, both for the team and fans, is likely pretty different than the Bedlam high. I hope you are right, though.

Nov 18, 2011
Not very many blowouts occur in conference championship games. I’d expect this to be similar to round 1, 7-10 point game. Muff another punt inside the 10 or a pick 6 and this turns into a nail biter.

pokefan05

Country Boys Country Toys
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
While I always worry, I am really glad we have the maturity on this team.
We didn't look like we were finished, that we had reached our goal, even when our players were celebrating with fans after the game. That was the first giant to slay, but the biggest goals are still to be had. I don't see this team having a let down in a championship game. I think if anything they might be a little too amped early on and miss some a few opportunities or assignments.