How’s everyone feeling about Baylor.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
He's saying that it goes this game, then 2011 bedlam in terms of biggest games.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I quote "Besides 2011 Bedlam this NEXT game is our biggest".
Oh wait okay so I'm getting it backwards He's talking that the game against Baylor that's coming up is bigger than 2011 Bedlam. And then 2011 Bedlam is bigger than Saturday night. Which is how I would put it.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I didn’t watch the BU/TT game, but I’m assuming their backup can’t do what Purdy did. I don’t think. Bohannon can, especially with a gimp leg.
Their backup is pretty good. Better passer than Bohanon.
This will be his second start. We’ve faced 2 other QBs in their second start after coming off of a good debut - TCU and TTech. Those games did not end well for either for the QB or the opponent.

First and foremost, Knowles defenses are designed to confuse the QB. Green QBs just don’t do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I’m trying to recall all the double meetings in college football and a majority of the time it doesn’t go well for the team that won first. Seems like the team that loses learns more from the game on what to do differently for success the second time while the team that won earlier thinks they already have the formula for success and not as willing to try something different. Remember the LSU-Bama rematch in 2011. I’m worried about this one.
Except, preparing for a possibly different QB, and a defense that has injured players back makes for a different game and different game prep.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Pokes peaking at the right time.
Baylor either starting backup WB in his 2nd start or a hobbled starter that’s biggest strength is his ability to run.
Beat them by 10 last time with a -3 TO margin.

I’m confident in our chances. Now, can we still lose? Yes. Must stay focus and avoid any big special teams gaffs or pick 6s.

Nov 6, 2010
If you're into the conspiracy thing, the officials should give us the nod on any close calls in order to get a conference team into the playoff.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
TCU's QB looked the second coming of Johny Manziel the week before us when he played Baylor and did absolutely nothing against us. I'm confident that we can get to him early and often and make him look like a dude making his second start.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
For those wondering what I meant about the next game being the biggest since 2011 bedlam. That's what I meant. It's for a spot in the playoff and a conference title...these were similar things. The biggest difference is that this one is Saturday, it's a true championship game where if we win we are LIKELY to get into a four team playoff and the other one was a decade ago when the two teams were pretty much already locked in by the BCS, media, and BS. So I've changed my mind, Saturday is bigger than Bedlam 2011...

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
TCU's QB looked the second coming of Johny Manziel the week before us when he played Baylor and did absolutely nothing against us. I'm confident that we can get to him early and often and make him look like a dude making his second start.
Techs QB looked like the third coming of Johnny football against ISU. We made him look like a freshman walk-on with no idea what to do.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Every game from now until we get defeated or the season ends is the biggest game in O-State football history. We are playing with house money no need to be scared now.

Sep 24, 2011
Gundy has it right. Go into this game believing Baylor can beat us. So we better bring our A game. If we bring our A game and leave it all on the field, what more can you ask of the players, win or lose.

Oct 7, 2012
I think betting spreads are made for getting people to lose money, not predictions of a game's outcome.
In general I agree. However, the numbers have to be somewhat close to get even money on both sides, or at least that’s my understanding of it. So the people setting those numbers strike me as being knowledgeable of the teams involved. For example, they got Bama/Auburn and OU/KU games about right. :)

Oct 7, 2012
I’m still feeling indifferent about the game. I don’t know what the problems is.
Gotta be all the residual scar damage. I feel the same way. I think it’s because it’s almost surreal this year of all years, our dreams are coming true. All Pokes have to do is play the way they are capable of and we’re in. ( Gumby has convinced me, win we’re in) It’s hard to accept it’s this close.

Nov 27, 2011
I feel extremely confident. The whole “it’s tough to beat a team twice” belief is laughable and statistically proven to be wrong. We’ve got a lot better since the first game, and they have some serious question marks. I’m feeling Pokes win 31-7.

Sep 6, 2011
Baylor absolutely can beat this team if they don't bring their A game for 4 quarters. From what I'm seeing, the MRod of their defense is back, which should be a huge boost for them. In my mind, this one is going to come down to playing assignment football and winning those assignments. I would imagine that Baylor will throw a few wrinkles at us with some trick plays. Our experience on D will hopefully play alot into that swinging to our favor. Play clean, be disciplined, execute, and avoid critical errors (especially turnovers). Otherwise Squinky is going to be ready to smack us in the face with a giant turd pie on Saturday.

Nov 6, 2010
I feel extremely confident. The whole “it’s tough to beat a team twice” belief is laughable and statistically proven to be wrong. We’ve got a lot better since the first game, and they have some serious question marks. I’m feeling Pokes win 31-7.
I've never even heard of that until this thread. I've always heard it being 3 times, like in basketball where you sweep someone regular season, then have to play them again in a post season tourney.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
I would expect Jeff Grimes to have his offense come out trying to throw the ball downfield just like OU did. Our secondary has been the weak spot all season and Iowa State and OU were somewhat able to take advantage of that. We better hope the officials let the receivers and corner backs “play” rather than throw a flag for any sort of contact.