House expected to Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokey

Banned
Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Every single US citizen needs to watch and hear this. Put away your party allegiance. Put away this notion of 'I will always support my party or president because of that other party!" This video perfectly articulates why we need to do our duty as Americans, and not an allegiance to this party or that president. I'm not sure how to post a video link, if I mess it up, I implore and would greatly appreciate if someone could properly post link

https://youtu.be/qV_wJNok8HA
People who laugh off the testimony of dedicated witnesses, those who lack an understanding of what duty means and demands are the exact same persons who now tell us to get over these violations of the Constitution, oaths of office, the rule of law, and the norms of common decency. They place this so-called party above country routinely, their re-election above truth, and seem to enjoy throwing doody, smearing witnesses with doody as their personal duty to this corrupt self serving president. News flash! Doody is not typically related to duty, but when you have no shame, and the truth has backed you into the bathroom, start throwing! But you will wear this stench and stain for history. Enjoy the sh-t show, and your enduring legacy.

Dec 9, 2013
Yes, that is the mindset of the left. They campaign on it.

It is still not a choice, because even if the House somehow impeaches him, there ain't a chance in hell that the Senate is going to convict and remove him... because the House case for impeachment is a sham in the first place. He's despicable, but that doesn't rise to "crimes and misdemeanors".
You cannot solicit or accept foreign aid for help in an election. Trump went on national tv and said he would be willing to listen to a foreign entity w dirt on a rival. He released a call memo where he asked for a favor from a foreign government and in the same call asked for an investigation into Biden. He went on the White House lawn and asked China and Ukraine for investigations into Biden.

We heard direct testimony that he was willing to exchange a White House visit for an announcement of the investigations. Hell he didn’t even care if the investigations happened. He just wanted the show.

None of this is ok. None of this is legal. It’s worse than lying about a blowjob, but you guys are ok w it?

Pokey

Banned
Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
You cannot solicit or accept foreign aid for help in an election. Trump went on national tv and said he would be willing to listen to a foreign entity w dirt on a rival. He released a call memo where he asked for a favor from a foreign government and in the same call asked for an investigation into Biden. He went on the White House lawn and asked China and Ukraine for investigations into Biden.

We heard direct testimony that he was willing to exchange a White House visit for an announcement of the investigations. Hell he didn’t even care if the investigations happened. He just wanted the show.

None of this is ok. None of this is legal. It’s worse than lying about a blowjob, but you guys are ok w it?
And these sycophant Republicans are giving Trump a Monica! Move along nothing to see here bull sh-t. Disgusting

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

You mean direct testimony like this:
1574433661122.gif

Who is EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland?

Asked outright, “No one on this planet told you that President Trump was tying aid to investigations. Yes or no?”, he answered, “Yes.”

The followup: “So you really have no testimony today that ties President Trump to a scheme to withhold aid from Ukraine in exchange for these investigations.”

Sondland’s answer: “Other than my own presumption.”

Indeed, when he directly asked Trump what he sought from Ukraine, the president responded: “I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. Tell Zelensky to do the right thing.”

#OrangeManBad

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
D6CC836D-644D-4E52-96F2-97DF39672C96.png

The grey areas are recessions. The Federal Reserve pushed short term interest rates to at or near zero and kept them there during O’s terms to keep the economy from cratering. As I predicted on these pages and elsewhere, the Fed would start pushing interest rates higher almost simultaneously with the 2016 election, which they did. Simple math shows us that if the Fed increases interest rates by 2.5 percentage points (see the post Obama peak rate on the chart), that action alone will add $500 billion to the annual deficit.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
How exactly are you being trampled by your enemies?

I don't get the evangelical following Trump has. That demographic lives and dies by family values and Roe vs Wade but they supported a serial adulterer who likely paid for multiple abortions over someone who stood by an unfaithful spouse.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling you out personally. I just don't get why people who believe in a higher calling are willing to defend someone no one believes is moral when they could in good conscience say we have a better option. If it hurts them politically so be it. The next life is better and if they truly believe that its better then they should go into heaven with a clean slate rather than sacrifice their self worth over someone who is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
Thanks for asking...good question.

What I mean by "trampled on by our enemies," is that we tend to let them run us over due to our belief that they just haven't seen the light yet and we need to placate them until they do...we also fall away at aggression due to a desire to be kind and passive in a sense. While you may not agree with this, it's what we often see in Christian Politicians. This need to get along for us and make a good impression for the gospel outweighs policy, and when the other side gets greedy we bend and break (btw, I do this in my personal life as well). So I guess that is how Trump is so different as he is totally unwilling to flitch on policy to get along with others.

I've said several times that I don't like Trump as a person and feel he has done morally wrong things, but I do believe in re-birth...and change and that we are all sinners without redemption being provided by Jesus...SO, some of what Trump said regarding his switch to pro life policy and putting action behind his pro life nominations, won us over. Could he be totally political on getting pro lifers on his side despite his totally selfish inclinations and past horrible behavior? Certainly he could and likely is, but he did put action behind his words with the nominations and with Pence as a running mate to attempt to kind of 'wash away his sins' with us...

To your last point, I don't see it as "sacrificing ones self worth" to vote for one candidate over another...it really was and still is simply the lessor of two evils for us. Sure, we could just refuse to vote and I know several that went that route. I have no issue with them, it's their choice to abstain from the process I was a whisker from that myself. I simply thought that he was a better option than the other coot running with an actual chance of winning (both being coots mind you). Btw, I didn't support him in the primaries as I was 100% behind Dr. Ben Carson. Who is a very good man. Once again, I'm not fooled, but policies that we support are being put first, and that's what we voted for.

Still I credit you as you have indeed pointed out a "riddle inside an enigma wrapped in a mystery."

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Lets say the nominee is Mayor Pete. Who in this thread would be okay with his attorney cutting a deal with China that in exchange for a potential future president Pete dropping tariffs, China provides Pete’s campaign w intercepted cell calls between Trump & a foreign leader whereby they have agreed to something that even Trump’s base finds illegal? And these recordings are released in late October causing trump to lose.

I don't get your point here...it's grasping at straws and false equivalency.