Homecoming 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 20, 2013
My wife and I (Class of 2010) are taking our oldest to his first game this year for homecoming. He's 6, and loves everything about OSU. We're planning to do walkaround, and probably the Walk. Anyone have any suggestions of stuff we should make sure we do as part of his orange glasses indoctrination, or any can't miss tailgates we should stop in at?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
My wife and I (Class of 2010) are taking our oldest to his first game this year for homecoming. He's 6, and loves everything about OSU. We're planning to do walkaround, and probably the Walk. Anyone have any suggestions of stuff we should make sure we do as part of his orange glasses indoctrination, or any can't miss tailgates we should stop in at?
I’m a huge fan of the dyeing of the fountain, which will be on the 24th. Not sure if you can make it, but I think your son would enjoy watching it. Definitely the parade on game day.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Will there be a "Homecoming and Hoops" event this year?

If so, I bet your son would love to see that.

And it would introduce him to what a loud Gallagher-Iba arena can be like.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Just found this on the oSu Basketball twitter:

OSU Cowboy Basketball Retweeted

Mike Boynton

@thacoachmike

·
21h

Homecoming & Hoops information coming soon.
@OSUMBB
lettermen (players, managers, coaches, and staff) please let us know if you'll be around for HOCO. DM @PatrickONealOSU if you plan on being in town.

@okstate greeks, be alert for hoops trivia soon. Cool prizes avail #LetsWork
Love that HCMB is building this up as a basketball event related to Homecoming, not just a HC event designed to gather the Greeks.

Note: not dissing the Greeks here; love 'em or hate 'em, what they do for Homecoming is phenomenal.

Jun 20, 2013
Will there be a "Homecoming and Hoops" event this year?

If so, I bet your son would love to see that.

And it would introduce him to what a loud Gallagher-Iba arena can be like.
I forgot about Homecoming and Hoops! I think the last one I went to was when Smart returned. GIA was as electric as I ever remember....except that triple overtime game where Byron and Bogan beat KD :cool:

I won't be there by the 24th, but we're planning to just let him soak it all in.

Nov 5, 2003
morgantown, wv
I forgot about Homecoming and Hoops! I think the last one I went to was when Smart returned. GIA was as electric as I ever remember....except that triple overtime game where Byron and Bogan beat KD :cool:

I won't be there by the 24th, but we're planning to just let him soak it all in.
I would suggest Hideaway Pizza and any bar on the strip would be good. Also, a 2:30 a.m. visit to Coney Island!

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
I would suggest Hideaway Pizza and any bar on the strip would be good. Also, a 2:30 a.m. visit to Coney Island!
Great place!! They do single slice pizza on gamedays, at least they did when I worked there in college, which will be much quicker than waiting in line. Some gamedays that line will wrap all the way down the block past Chris's University

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Uhhh... with a 6 yr old in tow, you better catch the Homecoming Parade!

Full list of Homecoming Events:
https://www.orangeconnection.org/s/860/18/hc-interior.aspx?sid=860&gid=1&pgid=9660

Homecoming Parade info:
https://www.orangeconnection.org/s/...7&ecid=30067&crid=0&calpgid=9660&calcid=24728

Jun 20, 2013
No way my wife would let me skip Hideaway. Probably no dice on the strip with a 6 year old. Also, my bald spot is really starting to show, and dad bod is in full force. I'd have to beat 'em off with a stick. :lol:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Uhhh... with a 6 yr old in tow, you better catch the Homecoming Parade!

Full list of Homecoming Events:
https://www.orangeconnection.org/s/860/18/hc-interior.aspx?sid=860&gid=1&pgid=9660

Homecoming Parade info:
https://www.orangeconnection.org/s/...7&ecid=30067&crid=0&calpgid=9660&calcid=24728
For parade, if you haven't been in a while, the roundabout makes for a different start than it used to. Get there early and sit between 9th and 6th for the most candy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Great place!! They do single slice pizza on gamedays, at least they did when I worked there in college, which will be much quicker than waiting in line. Some gamedays that line will wrap all the way down the block past Chris's University
FYI Hideaway has not done the pizza by the slice for any game day this year for some reason. I keep checking each home game but nothing so far.