Home baseball opener vs UALR

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Unfortunately due to this, I am not even planning on trying to go to a home game this year. Hopefully the weather is nice and I can get tickets to see them play oru in Tulsa in 2 weeks.
Have we ever beaten ORU in the history of our baseball program? If we have, I haven't seen it.

May 26, 2012
Have we ever beaten ORU in the history of our baseball program? If we have, I haven't seen it.
I think we have lost 10 of the last 11. Be wary of all the people who say we don’t win out midweek games because they throw their best pitchers and we throw our 3 or 4 starter. They always fail to mention though that we are still using our best defense and hitting lineup. That is conveniently left out of their excuses. If your starting offense can’t hit the best pitchers against the midweek teams then no one should expect us to compete or beat anyone when it comes to regional teams.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
I think we have lost 10 of the last 11. Be wary of all the people who say we don’t win out midweek games because they throw their best pitchers and we throw our 3 or 4 starter. They always fail to mention though that we are still using our best defense and hitting lineup. That is conveniently left out of their excuses. If your starting offense can’t hit the best pitchers against the midweek teams then no one should expect us to compete or beat anyone when it comes to regional teams.
Yet we’ve somehow won 3 regionals in Holliday’s 7 seasons and advanced to a regional final 2 other times. How did that happen?

Look I know you’re pissed that we usually suck against ORU, and that’s fine, you have a right to be. There’s no excuse for how poorly we’ve played against them. But, your comment here is pretty foolish considering that we’ve obviously competed at a pretty high level against regional teams.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
There is definitely no excuse to lose to ORU as much as we have. However, it think it's safe to say that the ORU series is by far the exception and not the norm for non conference opponents.

This team has done well in regionals and non-conference overall.

It just seems ORU always brings more energy and more passion to the game. Hopefully this is the year that trend changes.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I like him. And I do think he gets our guys to play hard most of the time. Just wish he had more motion away from the ball in his offense. He’s a good guy.
A la his predecessor here at oSu. So far he's recruited well. We'll see if he can ride the wave that this past class has made. And you're right, there's never been a problem with intensity level for the most part.

Also, O'brate stadium looks fantastic. Can't wait to catch my first game there. Our facilities as a whole are really impressive.

Edit: NOW LET'S PUT BUTTS IN SEATS TO HELP THE FINCANCIAL SITCH (when covid allows of course)

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Yet we’ve somehow won 3 regionals in Holliday’s 7 seasons and advanced to a regional final 2 other times. How did that happen?

Look I know you’re pissed that we usually suck against ORU, and that’s fine, you have a right to be. There’s no excuse for how poorly we’ve played against them. But, your comment here is pretty foolish considering that we’ve obviously competed at a pretty high level against regional teams.
I went to as many baseball games as any in the 80's and was a huge fan. I don't pay as much attention now as I used to but still love Cowboy baseball. But I can't hide how cranky I am about our track record against ORU, even back in the 80's when we were really tough. For whatever reason, we let those dirtbags get the best of us too often. I knew a player at ORU and their program was pretty dirty back in the 80's.

Cowboy baseball is great and was better than that in the 80's, but we can't seem to cope with ORU.