Home and home football series with Alabama

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Those P5 non-conference games can’t do any thing but help future ticket sales. One of my fondest memories was attending the Georgia game in Stillwater several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
Those P5 non-conference games can’t do any thing but help future ticket sales. One of my fondest memories was attending the Georgia game in Stillwater several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In the short term, after this season we have Central Michigan (G5), Arizona State (P5), and UAPB (FCS). That’s fairly balanced and it’s way closer than the 2028/9 seasons, so business is about to pick up.

Jun 20, 2013
In the short term, after this season we have Central Michigan (G5), Arizona State (P5), and UAPB (FCS). That’s fairly balanced and it’s way closer than the 2028/9 seasons, so business is about to pick up.
I really like the G5, P5, FCS non-conference schedule. It get's us ready without destroying anyone's confidence. It'll be a great lineup when the stars align, and they expand to 8 teams, where winning your conference is the only real thing that matters.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I can remember once upon a time we had games scheduled with Clemson. I wonder how many times games this far in advance get cancelled. To be honest, I'm a little surprised, I though Bama only played power 5 non con opponents on a neutral field. I'll bet dollars to donuts, that if this is still on the schedule when that season approaches, there will be a huge push by ESPN to play it in Dallas instead of Stillwater.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I can remember once upon a time we had games scheduled with Clemson. I wonder how many times games this far in advance get cancelled. To be honest, I'm a little surprised, I though Bama only played power 5 non con opponents on a neutral field. I'll bet dollars to donuts, that if this is still on the schedule when that season approaches, there will be a huge push by ESPN to play it in Dallas instead of Stillwater.
Only if what’s his name is still head coach then.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I really like the G5, P5, FCS non-conference schedule. It get's us ready without destroying anyone's confidence. It'll be a great lineup when the stars align, and they expand to 8 teams, where winning your conference is the only real thing that matters.
Rumor is expansion of the BCS to 12 teams.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Me too so long that we always have least 7 home games. Just make sure your home and homes line up with your conference schedule.
FCS should always be at home.
If we travel for a home & home with a G5/P5 then it should try to be on a season with 5 conference home games.

I absolutely hated the 2019 schedule. In the first 7 weeks we had 2 home games, one of which was McNeese.

Jun 20, 2013
Me too so long that we always have least 7 home games. Just make sure your home and homes line up with your conference schedule.
FCS should always be at home.
If we travel for a home & home with a G5/P5 then it should try to be on a season with 5 conference home games.

I absolutely hated the 2019 schedule. In the first 7 weeks we had 2 home games, one of which was McNeese.
That's true, it was awful and they just kept raising ticket prices. :lol: