Holmgren out for the season...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Per multiple reports, including ESPN below:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...2-23-nba-season-foot-injury-suffered-pro-game

Geez, half the league was concerned about Holmgren being physically ready for the NBA. We drafted him anyway. We passed drafting Smith (who WILL be playing this year) and Duren (who WILL be playing this year) to draft Holmgren.

Unbelievable.... Yes, you might say it is just "bad luck" but I also think there were red flags for Holmgren. I don't think you can say this was not an expected possibility...

We just wasted the #2 pick of the draft for a guy that can't play for a year... ????

Dec 19, 2012

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...2-23-nba-season-foot-injury-suffered-pro-game

Geez, half the league was concerned about Holmgren being physically ready for the NBA. We drafted him anyway. We passed drafting Smith (who WILL be playing this year) and Duren (who WILL be playing this year) to draft Holmgren.

Unbelievable.... Yes, you might say it is just "bad luck" but I also think there were red flags for Holmgren. I don't think you can say this was not an expected possibility...

We just wasted the #2 pick of the draft for a guy that can't play for a year... ????
Injury didn't have to do with his stature. It gives him a year to get in the weight room. Plus OKC can firmly enter the Wembanyama sweepstakes.

Dec 3, 2012

An irrational though not unanticipated take on this kid’s bad fortune.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Injury didn't have to do with his stature. It gives him a year to get in the weight room. Plus OKC can firmly enter the Wembanyama sweepstakes.
Well, at least frees up 80-100 hours I might have spent watching the Thunder this season. Call me when the sweepstakes seasons are over and they field a team capable of making the playoffs.

Dec 19, 2012
Well, at least frees up 80-100 hours I might have spent watching the Thunder this season. Call me when the sweepstakes seasons are over and they field a team capable of making the playoffs.
Mea, I like watching the players develop. Nothing like a Poku point lineup.

Oct 30, 2012
Not an ideal start to his NBA career. However, from a positive view of it he gets to use this year (once healed) to gain some strength/weight and work on his game with that being his only focus. Use this year to continue developing the other rookies drafted, young guys on the team. Hopefully land another lottery pick and then you have a complete core for the long term future to start winning. Only scary thing is how long will SGA stick around if we don't start to show we're ready to win.