Hofmeister to run for governor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 22, 2014
Kind of interesting that in the 2014 and 2018 State Superintendent's races, it was Republican Hofmeister vs Democrat John Cox...now the next election cycle those two have traded parties and Cox is running for Superintendent as a Republican and Hofmeister is running for Governor as a Democrat.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
She accepted a small campaign donation from Epic. I may not be a fan of Hofmeister as a Superintendent, but I don't at all think she is unethical.
Oh no, I don't mean to imply that. However, they did contribute and I'm sorry, but on the surface for a state superintendent that's not a good optic; particularly given that I DO believe Epic is unethical.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Thank you for that info. Do you have a feel for why people would support her? IE any positives. Sounds like she had some good ideas that were not followed through, which is unfortunate.
I believe she is very pro-CareerTech and a big supporter of the state's career and technology centers.

Mar 11, 2006
Yesterday, I received my first solicitation for a campaign donation from Joy Hofmeister. No surprise that she is utilizing ActBlue.

Funny thing was the solicitation led with a stat from the Tahlequah Daily Press that 36.1% of people think she absolutely has a chance to beat Stitt. That doesn't sound like something I would be excited about if I was her.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Yesterday, I received my first solicitation for a campaign donation from Joy Hofmeister. No surprise that she is utilizing ActBlue.

Funny thing was the solicitation led with a stat from the Tahlequah Daily Press that 36.1% of people think she absolutely has a chance to beat Stitt. That doesn't sound like something I would be excited about if I was her.
Really. That 36.1% figure indicates to me that not enough people are thinking anybody but Stitt. He hasn't pissed off enough people to lose, so far.