History is Cyclic…

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
I prefer to think that we got a bit better rather than OU tanked. Not dramatically better, just some better. And OU was down a little this year. There was eough of each for us to get over the hump head to head.We played LOTS of past games vs OU with a 10 point or less margin where we led are were very close but let the game slip away late (the average margin over the last 10 games is 12.1 points in favor of OU), so we did not have to get light years better to win.

Now, OU with a "sudden change" new HC and staff as well as a list of key transfers next year it will be interesting. I still think OU will be in the top 3 or 4 teams in the conference next year; there's down, and then there is down for OU - they have too much recruited talent to fall too far.

We have some holes to fill and a new DC to break in quick if we want to be a top 10 team next year. But we have fewer challenges than OU to repeat next year.

Last edited:

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I prefer to think that we got a bit better rather than OU tanked. Not dramatically better, just a some better. And OU was down a little this year. There was eough of each for us to get over the hump head to head.We played LOTS of past games vs OU with a 10 point or less where we led are were very close but let the game slip away late (the average margin over the last 10 games is 12.1 points in favor of OU), so we did not have to get light years better to win.

Now, OU with a "sudden change" new HC and staff as well as a list of key transfers next year it will be interesting. I still think OU will be in the top 3 or 4 teams in the conference next year; there's down, and then there is down for OU - they have too much recruited talent to fall too far.

We have some holes to fill and a new DC to break in quick if we want to be a top 10 team next year. But we have fewer challenges than OU to repeat next year.
Now do Texas....I'll hang up and listen.