Heating bills expected to jump by 54% this winter

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
FYI - ONG allows you to lock in your prices at current rates for 12 months. We heard about the future spike, logged into our account, and with one click locked in our rate. Might check it out.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Glad I stocked up on free firewood from the storm. I have 3 ricks in my back yard for the price of picking them up and splitting them

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
FYI - ONG allows you to lock in your prices at current rates for 12 months. We heard about the future spike, logged into our account, and with one click locked in our rate. Might check it out.
Why doesn’t ONG just do this automatically for everyone? I’m assuming the risk is you lock in a rate and if it falls you’re still locked into the higher rate?

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Looks like the deadline for signing up for 2021-2022 was Oct 15. I just have average billing setup on mine.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I was referring to the need for natural gas to heat our homes. Weren't the rewables supposedly an equal replacement?
Are you trying to claim that all consumers should have been forced to switch to a renewable heating source by this point so that they aren’t concerned about natural gas prices?
If you have changed to a renewable, you aren’t concerned. If you are heating with gas, you are. I don’t understand how you expect that people using gas are supposed to have been helped by renewable energy.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Are you trying to claim that all consumers should have been forced to switch to a renewable heating source by this point so that they aren’t concerned about natural gas prices?
If you have changed to a renewable, you aren’t concerned. If you are heating with gas, you are. I don’t understand how you expect that people using gas are supposed to have been helped by renewable energy.
It was supposed to have reduced reliance on natural gas for electricity and save the climate at the same time, it doesn't and any reasonable person would realize. My original post was sarcastic. I do hope natural gas prices are higher it makes my natural gas mineral checks much better.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It was supposed to have reduced reliance on natural gas for electricity and save the climate at the same time, it doesn't and any reasonable person would realize. My original post was sarcastic. I do hope natural gas prices are higher it makes my natural gas mineral checks much better.
Your expectations left unrealisticland behind and went straight to stupidsville. Nobody reasonably thought in 2021 we would have renewable energy decrease our reliance on natural gas to the point that nobody would care about the price. That is not even close to the thoughts of a reasonable person.

Natural Gas wasn't really the target anyway. Coal is what decreased.
Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 9.16.54 PM.png

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Your expectations left unrealisticland behind and went straight to stupidsville. Nobody reasonably thought in 2021 we would have renewable energy decrease our reliance on natural gas to the point that nobody would care about the price. That is not even close to the thoughts of a reasonable person.

Natural Gas wasn't really the target anyway. Coal is what decreased.
View attachment 92589
Oh really? When was the last natural gas plant built in this part of the country? Have you not paid attention to the number of states with lots of NG that won't allow it be put in a pipeline? You are partially right, coal was the original target but methane (NG if you didn't know) is the target now as well. You obviously forgot about coldmaggedon when the wind resources had to be turned off and half of Tejas froze.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Oh really? When was the last natural gas plant built in this part of the country? Have you not paid attention to the number of states with lots of NG that won't allow it be put in a pipeline? You are partially right, coal was the original target but methane (NG if you didn't know) is the target now as well. You obviously forgot about coldmaggedon when the wind resources had to be turned off and half of Tejas froze.
None of that has anything at all to do with your original comment that NG prices should not be going up right now because of renewable energy. It makes no sense.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
None of that has anything at all to do with your original comment that NG prices should not be going up right now because of renewable energy. It makes no sense.
I can't help you dude, do you not understand the term sarcastic? I've said I was being sarcastic three times. However, we are seeing the desire, and are incentivizing, making natural gas much less abundant through economic policy and infrastructure policy.

Dec 9, 2013
What do you think happened to the wellheads, compressor stations and processing plants across OK and TX? I guarantee you we lost several thousand if not hundreds of thousands of dth’s due to freeze offs. Hell if the wind blows right and we drop to 30 degrees w snow my company would lose 10-20% of our production over a weekend in that area. Now put below freezing temps for 2 weeks wo ever coming above freezing and that would have been a nightmare for the field and midstream guys.

If you are blaming wind power for what happened in TX wo also blaming other factors you are not seeing the whole picture.