Gundys contract readjusted.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
He’s fortunate they hadn’t already adjusted his salary in response to COVID-19. It looks like most coaching staffs are taking 5-10% pay cuts. If this is a $1 million pay cut over the 5 year contract, that’s not even a 5% cut. Losing a year is the bigger loss. That’s 20% of his contract if he doesn’t get another extension (I assume he’ll retire at that point).
In the wake of it becoming an increasing possibility that there are no fall sports & a significant financial hit to athletic departments everywhere, I think we're going to see some bigtime paycuts in the coaching ranks.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
They point out that coaches & administrators have taken voluntary cuts, already, & that athletic budgets across the country will be facing unprecedented shortfalls & cutting sports.

You're asking this after Gundy just took a hit???
I'm asking because some have suggested Holder would have cut his salary if he hadn't taken a voluntary cut. Others are suggesting salaries across the country will be cut, presumably by the ADs. Just don't understand how that works.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://www.espn.com/college-sports...are-colleges-burden-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

NEARLY HALF OF major college football and men's basketball coaches have taken voluntary pay cuts in response to the financial crisis facing higher education because of the coronavirus pandemic, but most of the highest-paid coaches have not, an ESPN survey found.

Eight of the 10 top-paid football coaches and at least five of the 10 highest-paid men's basketball coaches -- all of whom earn more money than anyone else at their schools -- have not taken cuts.