Gundy Succession Plan

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Coaching is not a gene pool thing, he was a substandard qb and is not HC material.
Sounds like J.W stole your gf, you mad bro?....Also what does his performance as our QB have anything to do with his quality as a coach or what he's been able to do so far? I'm really curious as to how he will do once he gets a shot as a coordinator somewhere, I think he'll succeed. We should know a lot more by the time Gundy is ready to retire, hence my choice over ZRob.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Sounds like J.W stole your gf, you mad bro?....Also what does his performance as our QB have anything to do with his quality as a coach or what he's been able to do so far? I'm really curious as to how he will do once he gets a shot as a coordinator somewhere, I think he'll succeed. We should know a lot more by the time Gundy is ready to retire, hence my choice over ZRob.
He ain't got enough energy to steal my gf, bro and his melon head is much uglier than my sweet sharp Anglican, Jewish, Chickasaw profile. However, when it comes to getting to a restaurant that dude is hell on wheels, I will grant you that. He's low energy and far from the only alum that should be considered. I guess the performance up on top of Boone Pickens Stadium with his crotch and the sweatpants was enough to dissuade me from seeing him as a head coach.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
He ain't got enough energy to steal my gf, bro and his melon head is much uglier than my sweet sharp Anglican, Jewish, Chickasaw profile. However, when it comes to getting to a restaurant that dude is hell on wheels, I will grant you that. He's low energy and far from the only alum that should be considered. I guess the performance up on top of Boone Pickens Stadium with his crotch and the sweatpants was enough to dissuade me from seeing him as a head coach.
YOu think all the current coaches were choir boys?

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
No, I do not. Unfortunately for your hero his pic made it up on screen in the stadium while having a "personal" moment with his phone or a serious itch. It was hilarious, but not an inspirational pic of future HC.
Next thing you're going to find out that someday, the coach at Oklahoma State will have years of Snapchat and TikTok or whatever other platform embarrassing videos out there. Welcome to the future, better get used to it...

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Derek Mason is already on campus and has D1 coaching experience.

If he crushes it as DC, he would be my A1 option.

Gundy’s great and all but he ain’t going to be here forever, Personally I’d rather enjoy my retirement. He does seem to have his batteries recharged recently though.
He's most likely gone before Gundy retires.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
A few ages of note:
Todd Monkon - 56
Mike Gundy - 54
Kasey Dunn - 53
Derek Mason - 52
Josh Henson - 47
Mike Yurcich - 46
Marcus Arroyo - 42
Zac Robinson - 35
J.W. Walsh - 30

A lot of the names mentioned as potential replacements will likely be towards the back ends of their career if Coach Gundy coaches another 8 to 12 years. Our next head coach may very well be a young position coach or grad assistant right now.

Webby

Greenhorn
Jul 23, 2022
Bartlesville
A few ages of note:
Todd Monkon - 56
Mike Gundy - 54
Kasey Dunn - 53
Derek Mason - 52
Josh Henson - 47
Mike Yurcich - 46
Marcus Arroyo - 42
Zac Robinson - 35
J.W. Walsh - 30

A lot of the names mentioned as potential replacements will likely be towards the back ends of their career if Coach Gundy coaches another 8 to 12 years. Our next head coach may very well be a young position coach or grad assistant right now.
I like Zac, Walsh and Henson out of that group!

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I think we are further away from a Gundy retirement than we realize barring a health issue. He has a chance to go where OSU has never gone before. There's a strong chance our next coach is in HS or JH right now.
Yeah, I agree. Given the upward trajectory of both the program and the conference, I'm guessing he may reconsider an early retirement--if in fact he was considering early retirement. This is an exciting time to be the HC of OSU, and I'm guessing he wants to see how much further he can take things.

Nov 6, 2010
Weird… as last year or two years ago everyone including their mother wanted to fire Gundy. I have always been a Gundy supporter with my Orange Glasses on but posters on GoPokes had thread after thread wanting Gundy fired last summer.

Just wait Gundy will do something to get fired before reaching retirement age. For the life of me… why does Gundy have so many haters?
Have no fear, we go 7-5 this year and they'll be right back on here with the torches and pitchforks.