Gundy radio show

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 31, 2016
Wichita,Ks
I expect him to go somewhere for his extra year that will have a decent line and running game to give him the best change to get to the NFL. Also NIL will likely pay him well.

We will have to hit the portal and pray we can find a decent QB because our next QB is not currently on campus.
I disagree in the one game true freshman Rangel played in I thought he looked pretty good considering it was the first meaningful snaps he's taken. Rangel is next in line and we'll see how Flores looks when he arrives. Sure it's possible Gundy tries to get a veteran QB in the portal but not sure.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I disagree in the one game true freshman Rangel played in I thought he looked pretty good considering it was the first meaningful snaps he's taken. Rangel is next in line and we'll see how Flores looks when he arrives. Sure it's possible Gundy tries to get a veteran QB in the portal but not sure.
I like Rangel, too. He's the only one that competed in that game. Another offseason and I think he's got promise.

Nov 29, 2021
Amarillo Texas
How do you explain guys like Nick Saban and Bill Bellichick? I guess they are bad leaders, because they don't smile at the public at all times? "Remaining calm" is at best an arbitrary attribute, and at worst a detriment in a game where emotions run high. I guess Pete Carroll should stop running around on the sidelines, yelling, and smiling, because such attributes make him a bad leader? What about Eddie Sutton? Surely he was a horrible coach due to his lack of stoicism.

It appears that, because Gundy displays this attribute, it is has been deemed a critical trait that all good coaches must possess. So weird...
I am referring more to public relations than on-the-sidelines demeanor. Saban and Bellichick are mostly low key monotones in front of a microphone. I think most good coaches are this way.

Mar 8, 2010
All I know is that we probably won’t be the face of the new Big XII. Not sure who it will be yet but probably not us. TCU is looking like they could step into that role just like Baylor and us looked like last year but neither of us had what took to continue any kind of trend.

Aug 19, 2006
I expect SS to leave.

He'll get P5 offers.

We'll be fine next year. Not great, but over .500/bowl eligible. And no, I won't be satisfied with that, but it happens.

Fully support dumping McEndoo and Dickey.
Transferring to a different program is probably the right business decision for SS. He's hit his ceiling with this offensive system and isn't NFL ready. Maybe a year in a different system would help him take the next step.

Spencer gave us maximum effort. Wasn't always pretty but he played his ass off here. He's a class act and I wish him the best in his future pursuits. As long as it's not transferring to the Sooners!

Mar 30, 2005
7 Island Suite
Transferring to a different program is probably the right business decision for SS. He's hit his ceiling with this offensive system and isn't NFL ready. Maybe a year in a different system would help him take the next step.

Spencer gave us maximum effort. Wasn't always pretty but he played his ass off here. He's a class act and I wish him the best in his future pursuits. As long as it's not transferring to the Sooners!
Agree with this. Jalen Hurts wasn’t considered an NFL QB at Bama, but changed the narrative by transferring to OU. Could see Sanders having a similar trajectory because the natural talent is there.

Aug 19, 2006
All I know is that we probably won’t be the face of the new Big XII. Not sure who it will be yet but probably not us. TCU is looking like they could step into that role just like Baylor and us looked like last year but neither of us had what took to continue any kind of trend.
It’s a good point. Maybe there will finally be a balanced conference that isn’t dominated by the same programs year after year. Competitive from top to bottom. Haven’t seen that in a long time. Maybe ever??

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
It’s a good point. Maybe there will finally be a balanced conference that isn’t dominated by the same programs year after year. Competitive from top to bottom. Haven’t seen that in a long time. Maybe ever??
The original Big 12 had some pretty good years in this regard, then South domination took over.

Off the top of my head though, schools that won Big 12 titles in that era:

Colorado
Kstate
Texas
OU
Nebraska
A&M

So you had 6 different champs in the league's first six years-not bad. I suspect we'll see something similar given where all the programs are at right now and alot of it will come down to who's got experience at QB.

Aug 19, 2006
Gundy's comments were still a little alarming. If the Cowboy Culture is start to fray, we'll know soon enough. Kids could start hitting the portal as soon as next week. Sure hope that's not the case.

Have you seen what's happened at Arkansas over the past couple of days? Three or four players have already quit, including Myles Slusher. The portal could turn out to be a Pandora's box for college football.