Gundy Presser 11/29/21

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
Speaking of investment in the program, has anyone ever confirmed that there was a large gift left in the Pickens will? I have heard this murmured about for the past 6 months or so but never heard it confirmed. Seems like it would be public by now if true.
I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure he gave everything he was going to when he was alive because he wanted to see the results himself.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Is there any way possible to expand the seating capacity in the stadium? Need to find a way to get it to a minimum 65k
why would we need to expand if we are not selling out? If we have a waiting list for tickets for 5 years straight than let’s expand, otherwise there are plenty of places to invest the money into.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Pretty sure Rodriguez and Harper used their covid year already, so they are done, but the rest I think still have an option. Lacy looks NFL ready to me, and Peel almost went last year, so I suspect those two will probably move on. I would expect Sterling back since he lost most of this year to injury. Not sure on Holmes, think he may have used his covid year as well.
Malcolm Rodriguez might be out of eligibility but I heard we got a JUCO kid named Ralcolm Modriguez coming in to take his place.
Does he wrestle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I hope we have a plan to expand the stadium to 70k+ and put butts in the seats. I want us to be the big dog in the conference, it bugs me that ISU, Taco Tech, and BYU would have bigger stadiums than us.
I think we clearly showed at a few points in that game that if you put excited butts in the seats we have now, even for run-of-the-mill games, there's no need to have 70k+.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I think we clearly showed at a few points in that game that if you put excited butts in the seats we have now, even for run-of-the-mill games, there's no need to have 70k+.
This^^^^ I would think TBP can be similar to some of the 100k stadiums just based on design alone. Having GIA and the more vertical stands/suite area versus lets say the super spread out 'Big House' in Michigan i think would provide for much different acoustics and noise potential.