Gundy/HC threads merged

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

The Gundy/HC thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Just based on my observation I see the following:
1. A coach who is close to and genuinely cares about his players
2. A coach who stresses academics first
3. A coach who represents his team and university well outside of Tulsa
4. A coach who isn’t complacent and is still focused on winning
5. A coach who wouldn’t come across as content being the #2 or worse team in the state
6. A coach who understands what a diverse offensive scheme is
7. A coach who recruits speed and intensity on defense
8. A coach who can recruit even better athletes without the rigid academic standards of TU
9. A coach who I think would stay longer in Stillwater than many other coaching options, and who would appreciate and embrace the family atmosphere this university provides.
Do you realize Tulsa considered letting him go last year and he came in this season on the hot seat?

Oct 7, 2012
Speaking of Coastal Carolina. Everytime I see a highlight of one of their home games, I think the picture on my TV went bad. Horrible turf color.

Ha! I thought the same thing.

I watched Game Day today. They seem to be having a lot of fun at CC. Not sure that translates to trying to beat OU, but Coastal Freaking Carolina seemed to be way more solid OSU. Hope we don’t have to play them in The Who Cares Bowl.

BTW, Rack is conspicuously absent today. Is he ok?

Sep 6, 2011
Wondering if push came to shove if the university would exercise the Force Majeure clause. Holder could reduce both of their salaries as well as their length of contacts - essentially taking one for the team, but he’s been rumored to be close to retirement anyway.

Jan 14, 2007
Yukon, OK
Wondering if push came to shove if the university would exercise the Force Majeure clause. Holder could reduce both of their salaries as well as their length of contacts - essentially taking one for the team, but he’s been rumored to be close to retirement anyway.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Holder donate his salary to the university? I could've sworn I'd read that before. He could chop it down to nothing, if that's the case.

May 29, 2007
NE OK
so what exactly are you looking at...what do you see in this guy?
Just based on my observation I see the following:
1. A coach who is close to and genuinely cares about his players
2. A coach who stresses academics first
3. A coach who represents his team and university well outside of Tulsa
4. A coach who isn’t complacent and is still focused on winning
5. A coach who wouldn’t come across as content being the #2 or worse team in the state
6. A coach who understands what a diverse offensive scheme is
7. A coach who recruits speed and intensity on defense
8. A coach who can recruit even better athletes without the rigid academic standards of TU
9. A coach who I think would stay longer in Stillwater than many other coaching options, and who would appreciate and embrace the family atmosphere this university provides.
A coach that was a coordinator in a staff that covered up multiple sexual assaults...

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
This coach will not stay at coastal Carolina for long. Coach Jamey Chadwell has turned that program into a ball club. He took on BYU and out coached and had his players out playing their opponents.
Good first post. Turns out it’s not always about 4 and 5 star kids. But their recruiting class of rank of 99 has come down to 84 for next year.

Jun 23, 2009
New York
Good first post. Turns out it’s not always about 4 and 5 star kids. But their recruiting class of rank of 99 has come down to 84 for next year.
It would be if they played a team with 4 and 5 star kids but they didn't they played BYU. Still a very impressive year but it's been a proven fact you need to recruit in the top 10 to make the college playoffs. It very much is about 4 and 5 star kids in college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.