Gundy’s comments today

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
I applaud Nick Saban for his mask video yesterday; It was a move that will cross political lines and get people to take this serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7QWLw45E6g

I would have loved if Gundy would have came out with something like that first.
What value would it be for Gundy to do that? Is this a message you haven’t heard before?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And the OSSAA resolution to limit summer activities and have no campus, etc.. was defeated
So starting June 1, Oklahoma schools can have summer workouts and camps.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
NCAA has allowed all sports instead of just football and basketball.

https://twitter.com/InsidetheNCAA/status/1263930210933760002?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Why do I get the feeling there was some big debate about football and basketball then someone said "hey I think there are like some other sports or something too".

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
looks like Big XII has apparently made their decision
https://twitter.com/ChuckCarltonDMN/status/1263968159889002498?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/ChuckCarltonDMN/status/1263968588001673216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
ISU just announced that they will only allow 30,000 season ticket holders to attend games this year.
They've sold 22,000 tickets so far so could be a good marketing scheme to sell another 8,000 season tickets fast.

But overall pretty dumb as they are only meeting the 50% rule in Iowa. What if those 30,000 season ticket holders are located in say 60-70% of the stadium ? Then it didn't help much. Unless they tell some some "sorry, we know you bought 50 yard-line seats but we need to move you to the endzone" . . ..

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
If other schools go to a similar policy, then all bets are off on trying to go to an away game this year (but guess that's pretty much being greedy as we'd all be good with home games at this point in time !).

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
This whole season is now being played strictly to save teams from financial ruin. Any championship will most likely have an asterisk and more players will be opting out of late season and bowl games anyway. At best this season will be unique but far from gratifying. I see no reason to rush into something that may end up getting blown up down the road anyway.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
ISU just announced that they will only allow 30,000 season ticket holders to attend games this year.
They've sold 22,000 tickets so far so could be a good marketing scheme to sell another 8,000 season tickets fast.

But overall pretty dumb as they are only meeting the 50% rule in Iowa. What if those 30,000 season ticket holders are located in say 60-70% of the stadium ? Then it didn't help much. Unless they tell some some "sorry, we know you bought 50 yard-line seats but we need to move you to the endzone" . . ..
So ISU is committed to having more tailgaters than anyone else (so far) in the conference?

Sep 23, 2010
This whole season is now being played strictly to save teams from financial ruin. Any championship will most likely have an asterisk and more players will be opting out of late season and bowl games anyway. At best this season will be unique but far from gratifying. I see no reason to rush into something that may end up getting blown up down the road anyway.
The financial purpose is a big reason. But there are other reasons. Like, these guys love football and want to play. They only get a small window of their life to experience something like this. Seniors get one last shot at this. Anyone who has been on collegiate teams understands this is way more than finances. Otherwise, other fall sports wouldn't play either since most of them are financial liabilities.

And as we learn more, these athletes are at nearly zero risk. So let's play some ball!

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
You haven't figured out the death rate is like .05. Les than 1/2 of 1 percent for people under 50. Do some reading man. Quite buying the overhyped media on this. It's slightly deadlier than the flu for everyone.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
All I remember in Gundy's timeline that he was so piled on for is that he said the plan was to have coaches in the office by May 1 if the medical experts allow that...then it was kind of play it by ear but wanted the players back as soon as possible...Sounds like, to me anyway, he's going to be proven correct in his timing. OU is being stupid to wait and I hope it shows up in their season with lots of L's.