Gregg Marshall

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
FIFY

there are no "Texas Tech second chances" anymore. Guy is done coaching anywhere if these charges are true.
I doubt it. Someone, somewhere, at some level will want to win bad enough and believe enough that he will have changed his ways. May take a little time but bet it will happen.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I doubt it. Someone, somewhere, at some level will want to win bad enough and believe enough that he will have changed his ways. May take a little time but bet it will happen.
I tend to agree. Give him a few years away & someone like Liberty would give him a chance. With over 300 D1 BB programs, I won't be shocked (get it?!) at all if he's a head coach again within 3 years.

Aug 16, 2012
Normally, I would tend to agree with you and actually intended my reply to indicate the short term. But this time the allegations include accusations of racism. New world now and that label will get you ostracized in a heartbeat. Throw in he is approaching 60, and who knows, he may take up gardening.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Normally, I would tend to agree with you and actually intended my reply to indicate the short term. But this time the allegations include accusations of racism. New world now and that label will get you ostracized in a heartbeat. Throw in he is approaching 60, and who knows, he may take up gardening.
Former Iowa players have a $20 million suit right now & Ferentz still has his job.

From what little I've read, the allegations against Marshall seem a lot worse than what I read about Ferentz & his program.

You may be right, I don't know. What I do know is there's definitely a playbook for rehabbing your image, putting feelers out there, & finding a willing buyer, especially in a sport with so many programs across the country.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
TBH, I think the pressure from the Koch Bro’s money got to his head. It’s kind of like having multiple bosses. Head coaching college basketball is a difficult gig. It’s weird having a million dollar salary dictated by the performance of 19 year olds. He’s also the sole curator of entertainment in Wichita and they recently moved to a tougher conference. (Missouri Valley to American) I think with a year off to regroup his head, he’ll have his choice of coaching jobs.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
TBH, I think the pressure from the Koch Bro’s money got to his head. It’s kind of like having multiple bosses. Head coaching college basketball is a difficult gig. It’s weird having a million dollar salary dictated by the performance of 19 year olds. He’s also the sole curator of entertainment in Wichita and they recently moved to a tougher conference. (Missouri Valley to American) I think with a year off to regroup his head, he’ll have his choice of coaching jobs.
Good lord

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I don't know about that. People aren't going to touch him for a long while. Maybe Liberty University will give him a call. They will take in anyone.