Greatest drummers of all time!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I spent much of my youth hearing my dad's Buddy Rich albums. I learned to love them well before I started listening to my own music. Very pleased to see him on this list. My parents had some friends who were quite well off (relative to us) and I have fond memories of the wives sitting in their really nice chairs with their "highballs" and the men going through multiple scotches while laying on the carpet about 4' away from the guy's 4' tall Klipsch speakers. All the albums were big band music, and about half were Buddy Rich and his band.

Aug 26, 2004
I spent much of my youth hearing my dad's Buddy Rich albums. I learned to love them well before I started listening to my own music. Very pleased to see him on this list. My parents had some friends who were quite well off (relative to us) and I have fond memories of the wives sitting in their really nice chairs with their "highballs" and the men going through multiple scotches while laying on the carpet about 4' away from the guy's 4' tall Klipsch speakers. All the albums were big band music, and about half were Buddy Rich and his band.
Yes I remember Buddy Rich well. He seemed to always be on the Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin, Dinah Shore shows....

Nov 23, 2010
Vermont
1659189000954.gif

Peter “James” Bond who unfortunately spontaneously combusted on stage during a jazz-blues or blues-jazz festival on the Isle of Lucy, leaving behind what has been described alternately as a "globule" or a "stain".

Nov 6, 2010
I remember an interview with Ivan (Pudge) Rodriguez asking him about the best catcher of all time, and he said something to the effect of "besides Johnny Bench?". My exact sentiment with this list and John Bonham.

Jun 14, 2011
Great names on this list for sure. This is a video I have immensely enjoyed that gives a good display of skill by one of my favorites...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssULNGSZIA

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I didn't go through the list but I hope both Bill Ward and Lars Ulrich are on it.
Lars will never get a nod. Not because he is a bad drummer. He's not, he's actually very good. His problem is he is in a band with prodigies and he can't compete with that. Plus its a metal band and not rock.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I don’t know his name but, the little shit behind me who drummed on his tray table for 8 continuous hours on my flight to Hawaii.