Great Victory for OSU today!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
What a great game and OSU came out on top today. Enjoyed seeing Dez Bryant at BPS today and he was cheering the defense in the fourth quarter and they sure met every challenge OU tried resulting in OU losing today. The D shutout OU in the second half as the only scores were a muffed punt catch and a fumble resulting in a safety. Gundy gets my vote for Coach of the year. I will be in Arlington next Saturday. Be there or be square!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
I'll be joining you in Arlington - GO POKES!

Hope Texas and ou leave at the end of this season - this would be such a fitting goodbye to those two. I wonder if SEC has buyer's remorse. I would not have said this a few months ago, but I'm genuinely excited about the new Big 12 Conference with Cincy, UofH, Central Florida, UCF and BYU.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Watching the tv broadcast now...what the heck with the mic on the ou band...I barely heard them at the game and on this broadcast it sounded like they were heard all the time...every time they would try to play that stupid fight song either our video board or the fans would drowned them out. I barely heard it at all...which I admit was refreshing.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I'll be joining you in Arlington - GO POKES!

Hope Texas and ou leave at the end of this season - this would be such a fitting goodbye to those two. I wonder if SEC has buyer's remorse. I would not have said this a few months ago, but I'm genuinely excited about the new Big 12 Conference with Cincy, UofH, Central Florida, UCF and BYU.
Of course they don't have buyers remorse. They wanted the brands so it gives their top teams, more quality wins.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2010
Watching the tv broadcast now...what the heck with the mic on the ou band...I barely heard them at the game and on this broadcast it sounded like they were heard all the time...every time they would try to play that stupid fight song either our video board or the fans would drowned them out. I barely heard it at all...which I admit was refreshing.
I heard that at the start of the game. Asked "Did they put the crowd mic in the middle of the OU band?" I don't think these things happen on accident. They were lobbying for OU all night and commentators seemed very sad that we won. Fortunately, everyone else in the country was pulling for us and I don't think ESpin gets to determine the playoff this year. (I sure hope they don't.)

Sep 22, 2010
Allen, TX
My dad had season tickets in the late 60's and 70's. In the 70's, I remember my dad sitting at the kitchen table and listening to the away games on the radio and pounding his fist on the table when something went wrong, knowing he would catch more hell from his Tinker AFB coworkers on Monday. I remember wearing my OSU shirts to school in the mid 70's and all my classmates giving me shit for being an OSU fan. I remember when we finally beat OU behind Terry Miller and Charlie Weatherbee in '76, and finally being able to give shit back to my schoolmates. I remember sitting on the south side of Lewis field watching bedlam in the fall of '79 as a high school senior and my heart aching as we got our ass kicked once again. I remember the kickoff bouncing off of Chris Rockins facemask and Brent Parker's drop (after a BS penalty).

My dad died in '89. This year and 2011 is when I wish he could have seen these OSU teams play and celebrated these huge OSU wins. Last night was worth the wait.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
My dad had season tickets in the late 60's and 70's. In the 70's, I remember my dad sitting at the kitchen table and listening to the away games on the radio and pounding his fist on the table when something went wrong, knowing he would catch more hell from his Tinker AFB coworkers on Monday. I remember wearing my OSU shirts to school in the mid 70's and all my classmates giving me shit for being an OSU fan. I remember when we finally beat OU behind Terry Miller and Charlie Weatherbee in '76, and finally being able to give shit back to my schoolmates. I remember sitting on the south side of Lewis field watching bedlam in the fall of '79 as a high school senior and my heart aching as we got our ass kicked once again. I remember the kickoff bouncing off of Chris Rockins facemask and Brent Parker's drop (after a BS penalty).

My dad died in '89. This year and 2011 is when I wish he could have seen these OSU teams play and celebrated these huge OSU wins. Last night was worth the wait.
This post sounds like it could have been written by me. My dad just passed a couple of years ago, but I still think about how he was kind of cheated if we win it all this year.

I still remember the old Napoleon Nash commercials on our radio.