GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
I hear this bullshit a lot. Number one, running around announcing one is identifying as a man/woman, or is a gay person, is doing little more than informing all who hear what's going on in one's bedroom. Ergo, the bedroom is brought into the conversation by the complaintant themself. I for one don't give 2 shites who one sleeps with and consider being forced to have that knowledge about an individual asinine. Number two, I don't hear "boomers" (being one) say much other than the process at the southern border is ultimate chaos with thousands of immigrants flooding our nation unchecked. I work with Latinos every day and no one is against unchecked immigration like they are. Only a fool would consider an unregulated border with the drug deaths increasing daily and the likelihood of a criminal element among the crowd a good idea. Your postulation with your silly cartoon fails on all fronts.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I hear this bullshit a lot. Number one, running around announcing one is identifying as a man/woman, or is a gay person, is doing little more than informing all who hear what's going on in one's bedroom. Ergo, the bedroom is brought into the conversation by the complaintant themself. I for one don't give 2 shites who one sleeps with and consider being forced to have that knowledge about an individual asinine. Number two, I don't hear "boomers" (being one) say much other than the process at the southern border is ultimate chaos with thousands of immigrants flooding our nation unchecked. I work with Latinos every day and no one is against unchecked immigration like they are. Only a fool would consider an unregulated border with the drug deaths increasing daily and the likelihood of a criminal element among the crowd a good idea. Your postulation with your silly cartoon fails on all fronts.

Dec 9, 2013
Odd Headline for the Picture and the story it is attached to on this Tweet. What is the end game of this Tweet?

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1560587403072512000
It’s astonishing at how low Biden is polling and the economy on the verge of an inflation pushed recession (or are already there) that the Ds could actually gain in US Senate.

And to top it off recent polling for the House should concern Rs even further. With all that has happened these midterms should be a red wave but are looking more like a red ripple. A recent FoxNews poll shows how Ds have made substantial progress since May. Dads have moved 28 points towards Ds and Moms have moved 3 points.

I realize this is a national poll and you can’t see the drill down to individual races, but something is happening that should make Rs take note.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
It’s astonishing at how low Biden is polling and the economy on the verge of an inflation pushed recession (or are already there) that the Ds could actually gain in US Senate.

And to top it off recent polling for the House should concern Rs even further. With all that has happened these midterms should be a red wave but are looking more like a red ripple. A recent FoxNews poll shows how Ds have made substantial progress since May. Dads have moved 28 points towards Ds and Moms have moved 3 points.

I realize this is a national poll and you can’t see the drill down to individual races, but something is happening that should make Rs take note.
They/we were ready to vote out some democrats, then got a look at the republican candidates, vomited, and begrudgingly changed our minds.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/20/us/alabama-gop-lawrence-county-kkk-image-naacp-reaj/index.html cnn

A county NAACP chapter in northern Alabama is calling for the resignation of a school board member and local Republican Party chairman, who says his sharing on social media of a GOP elephant logo that included KKK imagery was unintended.

The Facebook page of the Lawrence County Republican Party had included in one of its posts an image that shows a representation of a GOP elephant with three Klansmen with hoods symbolized in the legs of the logo. The image originally appeared in a Mother Jones article from 2020 entitled, “The Republican Party is Racist and Soulless.”

Shanon Terry, the new chairman of the county party who said he authored the post, is a member of the county school board. The Lawrence County NAACP said in a statement that his credibility on the board “has been tainted” following the post.

“We come here today to ask Shanon Terry, we are demanding your resignation,” Lawrence County NAACP President J.E. Turnbore said at a press conference on Friday. “We do not want you to govern over our children.”

The county party called the sharing of the image a mistake and apologized on Facebook in a post apparently signed by Terry, according to media reports.

I would like to offer a deep and sincere apology for a picture that temporarily appeared on this page last night. A Google search picture of a GOP elephant was used and later found to have hidden images that do not represent the views or beliefs of the Lawrence County Republican Party,” the post said.

Screenshot 2022-08-21 12.14.13 PM.png

“I regret the mistake that was made, and it was just that- an unintended mistake. The image posted by me on a political Facebook page was not done with any malicious or harmful intent. Once made aware of the negative portion of the picture I immediately replaced it and followed up with an apology/explanation the next day,” Terry said in a statement.

yep...honest mistake...hard to see the hooded little heads...c'mon man...

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Basically she is saying if elected Gov of Arizona she will declare the border a Mexican invasion and then use the national guard to declare war on Mexico

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ar...ion-declaration-sweeping-border-moves-elected

Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake eyes invasion declaration, sweeping border moves if elected

The Trump-backed former news anchor secured the Republican nomination earlier this month in a state where the migrant crisis has taken a heavy toll. Recent data obtained by Fox News show that Yuma Sector has seen a 242% increase in encounters so far this fiscal year.

With a crisis in both Arizona and Texas, Lake has joined the growing number of voices calling to declare an invasion at the southern border, a move proponents have argued would give the governor additional powers to deal with the crisis under the Constitution.

"This is the biggest invasion we've ever had on our homeland since the founding of this country," Lake told Fox News Digital in an interview. "And so we're going to call it what it is.

"So we will issue a declaration of invasion, and we will take on those powers that are granted to us in the U.S. Constitution, and we will take care of the problem at our border."

They have pointed to the language in the Constitution, which allows for states to "engage in War" when they have been "actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay" without the approval of Congress.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Dude is going after his own appointments now.!!??

Former President Trump on Saturday called his former Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao “crazy” and accused her and her family of working to “get rich on China.”

Trump’s attack came in a Truth Social post knocking Chao’s husband, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), for saying the GOP might face a tight race to flip the Senate, in part due to “candidate quality.”

“Why do Republicans Senators allow a broken down hack politician, Mitch McConnell, to openly disparage hard working Republican candidates for the United States Senate,” Trump wrote.

“This is such an affront to honor and to leadership. He should spend more time (and money!) helping them get elected, and less time helping his crazy wife and family get rich on China!”

https://thehill.com/homenews/361011...y-elaine-chao-of-trying-to-get-rich-on-china/