GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I guess a woman needs to be married with a child before being considered a legit candidate for POTUS ?? Fox News host Jesse Watters said that a woman has to get married and then get pregnant before she is "ripe" enough to run for president of the United States.

Ummm anyone here with a daughter who knows 1000% their little girl can take on the world as a single woman without kids and kick its ass??
Fox News host Jesse Watters said that a woman has to get married and then get pregnant before she is "ripe" enough to run for president of the United States.
During Thursday night's episode of Fox News’ "The Five," Watters discussed the possibility of Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) one day running for president.

"With age comes wisdom and she’s pretty young. That’s my nice way of saying she’s not very smart," Watters told his "The Five" co-hosts. "You know when you like pick a banana and the banana’s in your hand and it’s green and then even if you try to peel it, it’s still not even peeling? That’s AOC. She’s not ripe enough to run for president."
Rep. Ocasio-Cortez is currently engaged to longtime boyfriend Riley Roberts. At 32, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez is not old enoughto run for the highest office in the country, as the Constitution prevents anyone under the age of 35 to serve as president.
Watters acknowledged Rep. Ocasio-Cortez's engagement, adding "then you have to get pregnant."
"Why?" Greg Gutfeld, a "The Five" co-host, asked Watters.
"This is how it goes. Just follow me, Greg. You get married. Then you get pregnant and then once you have the baby, you have a family and the media loves it," Watters explained. "They eat it up. And it makes you more of a mature person."

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I guess a woman needs to be married with a child before being considered a legit candidate for POTUS ?? Fox News host Jesse Watters said that a woman has to get married and then get pregnant before she is "ripe" enough to run for president of the United States.

Ummm anyone here with a daughter who knows 1000% their little girl can take on the world as a single woman without kids and kick its ass??
Fox News host Jesse Watters said that a woman has to get married and then get pregnant before she is "ripe" enough to run for president of the United States.
During Thursday night's episode of Fox News’ "The Five," Watters discussed the possibility of Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) one day running for president.

"With age comes wisdom and she’s pretty young. That’s my nice way of saying she’s not very smart," Watters told his "The Five" co-hosts. "You know when you like pick a banana and the banana’s in your hand and it’s green and then even if you try to peel it, it’s still not even peeling? That’s AOC. She’s not ripe enough to run for president."
Rep. Ocasio-Cortez is currently engaged to longtime boyfriend Riley Roberts. At 32, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez is not old enoughto run for the highest office in the country, as the Constitution prevents anyone under the age of 35 to serve as president.
Watters acknowledged Rep. Ocasio-Cortez's engagement, adding "then you have to get pregnant."
"This is how it goes. Just follow me, Greg. You get married. Then you get pregnant and then once you have the baby, you have a family and the media loves it," Watters explained. "They eat it up. And it makes you more of a mature person."
You aren't handed president. He's talking about the media game running for president. I'm guessing we are supposed to fall for click bait and wonder why we are divided?

May 31, 2007
Concord

It sounds like he’s saying that’s part of the game.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

this is one of the dumber things you've ever posted.

May 31, 2007
Concord
for who. Part of the game for a Republican woman to run for Congress? Yet he brings up AOC.

Is he trying to say that is the only game a Dem woman could take to be elected POTUS?

Why is there a Game?
I don’t know why there’s a game my friend, but I don’t know that he’s wrong either. It does seem like you have to at least pretend to be a family man / woman if you want to be elected in a national election. Just like you have to pretend to be a good church going Christian. Do I care about that stuff? No. But I think he’s right that enough people do.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I don’t know why there’s a game my friend, but I don’t know that he’s wrong either. It does seem like you have to at least pretend to be a family man / woman if you want to be elected in a national election. Just like you have to pretend to be a good church going Christian. Do I care about that stuff? No. But I think he’s right that enough people do.
I guess I get it

Biden and JFK had to do some song and dance for the public to pick a Catholic POTUS

I just hate to see it, because it excludes legitimate candidates just because they don't play the game the media thinks they should

Because exactly what this guy is saying is if the candidate doesn't jump through the hoops we like, we will submarine them....as the media