GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I think they both went a bit overboard in their response, however, I'm somewhat hesitant to criticize them too much for it because it was the moderators who posed the question and they answered it. Now my opinion would be quite different if the question was not posed and they still chose to bring it up, THAT I would have a problem with. I wish they would have just said, in summary, yea I still believe it was stolen but that's now in my rear-view mirror and we work with the President we have. To me it's not really an issue of whether or not they still believe it, rather, whether or not they choose to keep bringing it up rather than just moving forward and starting fresh as a newly elected U.S. Senator.
You've got to be kidding me.

If the election of the president of the United States was actually stolen you think we should all just go ahead and live under the criminal that stole from us our very values and the reason our country is what it is?

That is F'ing nuts. 100% nuts. Some of us put our lives on the line for this country and what we hold as truth. I would die before I would just go, "Meh, I guess we aren't a democratic republic anymore but, hey, everything seems kinda OK for now so let's just go with it."

Any rational person by this point knows it was a stunt on the part of Trump. If real Americans actually thought that this was a massive conspiracy to destroy our republic by placing an unelected official in our highest office they should be fighting in the streets. But, they aren't because this is a silly game. Nobody believes this. It is just a stupid badge of honor among nutcases to say it. Don't elect nutcases.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
"Alright" is right... Sadly that tells me all I need to know. If we're this far along and you STILL think the election was stolen, I'm sorry, I cannot support you. I already knew that about Mullin but was hoping Shannon wouldn't just be "another one".
If only Trump had given up being the world's sorest loser by conceding his loss to Biden by now, it's doubtful hardly any Republican candidate now would be saying that Trump had his reelection stolen from him.

Mullin has indicated in a campaign ad for the primary that he is 100% pro-life with no exceptions. So, he would want a woman near death from a bad pregnancy to be directed to a hospice and drugged to live her last days comfortably. What if she has kids at home? Being that way is all out insane far right Christian morality that borders on evil, if not evil itself. So, it will be quite easy for me to vote for his Democrat opponent in Nov. It's good she has had experience from being a rep in Congress.

Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Oklahoma not the only state dealing with this crap. I just hope Oklahoma makes better decisions

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1554861733780627458
The Missouri Democrat Party was irresponsible for putting up a scandal plagued Democrat against the Republican. Likewise, I think the Democrat Party was irresponsible for choosing Biden as the 2020 Democrat Party nominee for president. Oh, well, it proved how terribly bad Trump was president when enough people chose Biden over Trump.

I, too, hope Oklahoma makes better decisions, such as choosing Hoffmeister over Stitt in Nov. Hopefully she has read a lot into how Kansas overwhelmingly voted yes to keep the right to abortion in the Kansas state constitution. Probably Gov. Stitt wants to double down and do more against abortion by putting women in prison for at least 10 years convicted of getting abortions. Texas Republican legislators have been known to support giving women the death penalty for getting abortions. So much about being pro-life. Who knows how many Oklahoma Republican state legislators want to pass a law next year that would give women who get abortions the death penalty?

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2008
You've got to be kidding me.

If the election of the president of the United States was actually stolen you think we should all just go ahead and live under the criminal that stole from us our very values and the reason our country is what it is?

That is F'ing nuts. 100% nuts. Some of us put our lives on the line for this country and what we hold as truth. I would die before I would just go, "Meh, I guess we aren't a democratic republic anymore but, hey, everything seems kinda OK for now so let's just go with it."

Any rational person by this point knows it was a stunt on the part of Trump. If real Americans actually thought that this was a massive conspiracy to destroy our republic by placing an unelected official in our highest office they should be fighting in the streets. But, they aren't because this is a silly game. Nobody believes this. It is just a stupid badge of honor among nutcases to say it. Don't elect nutcases.
You hit the nail on the head. I could never quite shake the fact that this all seemed like a game to everyone who was there at the Capitol. Like they were just going to have a nice little weekend in DC trying to overthrow our government and then go back to work Monday morning like nothing happened. Just a bunch of bored, middle to upper class 50 yr olds trying to overthrow Democracy for their mid-life crisis.

May 31, 2007
Concord
Some of us put our lives on the line for this country and what we hold as truth. I would die before I would just go, "Meh, I guess we aren't a democratic republic anymore but, hey, everything seems kinda OK for now so let's just go with it."
I find this interesting. So let’s say at some point in the future you wholeheartedly believe that we have just had a Presidential election that was rigged. I don’t know what that looks like, but you have all the evidence you need to believe its true. What do you do? You say you would die before just going about life normally. Does that mean you join a militia or something and try to get the rogue element out? Do you act on your own in some way? Take your own life? I’m genuinely curious.

May 31, 2007
Concord
You hit the nail on the head. I could never quite shake the fact that this all seemed like a game to everyone who was there at the Capitol. Like they were just going to have a nice little weekend in DC trying to overthrow our government and then go back to work Monday morning like nothing happened. Just a bunch of bored, middle to upper class 50 yr olds trying to overthrow Democracy for their mid-life crisis.
I 100% believe it was a game to them. I think they thought they would go in there, take some selfies, steal some stuff, and then leave and nothing would happen to them. I don’t think they thought they could or were even trying to overthrow the government, they just wanted to be disruptive a-holes and figured they could hide behind the defense that people were allowed to riot, trespass, steal, and destroy property in the George Floyd protests so they should be allowed to do the same thing. The people doing this kind of stuff on both sides are not our best & brightest. If they had good careers or jobs that they valued, they wouldn’t have time for this nonsense so critical thinking is not their strength.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I find this interesting. So let’s say at some point in the future you wholeheartedly believe that we have just had a Presidential election that was rigged. I don’t know what that looks like, but you have all the evidence you need to believe its true. What do you do? You say you would die before just going about life normally. Does that mean you join a militia or something and try to get the rogue element out? Do you act on your own in some way? Take your own life? I’m genuinely curious.
First, there is a difference between "believed" and know. If I believed it for nonsense reasons like the current yahoos believe it then I would do nothing. But, if there were actual incontrovertible evidence then absolutely I would do something. Asking me specifically what I would do to a hypothetical situation that has not occurred is not going to get you anywhere as clearly my response would depend on what was happening at the time. What I would not do is publically whine about it while planning to run (or vote)again in the exact same scenario that he stole the election in. How stupid is that if you really believe it happened? Why steal one election then just play fair from then on? This whole thing is such a garbage thought. It would be laughable if it wasn't so dangerous.

This country has already sent me to war for far less than an illegal takeover of our government. Sure seems your "genuine curiosity" is really a subtle attempt to ridicule. What you are implying is that as a citizen we should do nothing when a group has illegally taken over our republic. I find that on the contemptible side of "interesting" but pretty standard for the me, me, me society we have become.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Concord
First, there is a difference between "believed" and know. If I believed it for nonsense reasons like the current yahoos believe it then I would do nothing. But, if there were actual incontrovertible evidence then absolutely I would do something. Asking me specifically what I would do to a hypothetical situation that has not occurred is not going to get you anywhere as clearly my response would depend on what was happening at the time. What I would not do is publically whine about it while planning to run (or vote)again in the exact same scenario that he stole the election in. How stupid is that if you really believe it happened? Why steal one election then just play fair from then on? This whole thing is such a garbage thought. It would be laughable if it wasn't so dangerous.

This country has already sent me to war for far less than an illegal takeover of our government. Sure seems your "genuine curiosity" is really a subtle attempt to ridicule. What you are implying is that as a citizen we should do nothing when a group has illegally taken over our republic. I find that on the contemptible side of "interesting" but pretty standard for the me, me, me society we have become.
No I really was just asking, no ridicule intended. I’m in no way saying what I think “should” happen. But my honest opinion is that as long as everyday life as we know it didn’t change drastically, 99% of people would do nothing beyond whine about it. And that would be temporary until something else came along that would distract them. So I wanted to hear what someone that wanted to fight back would or thought that they could do to change something like that.

Mar 11, 2006
I 100% believe it was a game to them. I think they thought they would go in there, take some selfies, steal some stuff, and then leave and nothing would happen to them. I don’t think they thought they could or were even trying to overthrow the government, they just wanted to be disruptive a-holes and figured they could hide behind the defense that people were allowed to riot, trespass, steal, and destroy property in the George Floyd protests so they should be allowed to do the same thing. The people doing this kind of stuff on both sides are not our best & brightest. If they had good careers or jobs that they valued, they wouldn’t have time for this nonsense so critical thinking is not their strength.
I think this is mostly an accurate description of what 95% of the idiots in DC on Jan 6th thought. I do think it has been showed that there were a few mentally challenged that thought their activity could somehow stop the certification results.
Mob mentality is not a good thing.

May 31, 2007
Concord
I think this is mostly an accurate description of what 95% of the idiots in DC on Jan 6th thought. I do think it has been showed that there were a few mentally challenged that thought their activity could somehow stop the certification results.
Mob mentality is not a good thing.
Oh I definitely agree with you. There were some RW nuts there that probably thought they were accomplishing something. There were also probably undercover feds there doing whatever it is they were doing and probably some left wingers mixed in as well since both sides do that stuff.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no sympathy for these nitwits. The anti-police rioters had home field advantage and cover from the MSM. How these right wingers couldn’t see that they were playing right into the hands of the other side is beyond me. But like I said, these aren’t our best & brightest.

Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
Been there, done that. There are others here besides you and I who have known both veiled and overt ridicule concerning sworn service. I didn't buy the "genuine curiosity" statement either and am glad you called it out.

Jan 3, 2014
Orbán gets warm CPAC reception after 'mixed race' speech blowback politico

The Hungarian prime minister, under fire over a July 23 speech, highlighted a type of nationalistic populism taking hold on the American right.

DALLAS — Viktor Orbán took the stage at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Texas with an invitation for the American right.
“I’m here to tell you that we should unite our forces,” said Orbán, the Hungarian prime minister who has found himself increasingly alienated from democratic countries in Europe, as he has opposed immigration and liberal views on family and gender — and increasingly close with the MAGA-aligned American right.

Touching on his signature issues, the far-right leader railed against immigration, globalism and gender fluidity as he declared that the “West is at war with itself,” describing an ideological “battle for Western civilization” he said would be fought in Washington and Brussels.

“The globalists can all go to hell,” Orbán said to enthusiastic applause. “I have come to Texas.”

One of the very first guests to speak during the three-day conference, Orbán’s speech at CPAC comes amid swift international blowback for the prime minister over his July 23 comments that Hungary must not become a “mixed-race” country, pointing to other nations in Europe with large immigrant populations. One of Orbán’s top aides resigned over his comments, saying his speech sounded as if it were given by a “Nazi.”
But inside a half-empty convention hall at the start of CPAC, as expected, Orbán received a welcome reception from American activists who seemed unfamiliar with — but intrigued by — his policy of increased government spending to promote traditional marriage and encouraging citizens to have more children.

To the extent that CPAC gatherings are an opportunity to reinforce emerging themes in conservative politics with the Republican faithful, signs point to a growing number of politicians on the right embracing that type of nationalistic populism, which ramps up government spending to ease burdens on citizens with children — while also delivering condemnations of same-sex families, transgender rights and open borders.

...And Schlapp and his organization, like Tucker Carlson and other right-wing American commentators, have developed a cozy relationship with Orbán and his government in Hungary. In May, CPAC held its first conference in Hungary, where former President Donald Trump addressed the audience by video. On Tuesday, Orbán was welcomed by Trump to his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., where he called the Hungarian leader a “friend.”