GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1554624432919961600
"Alright" is right... Sadly that tells me all I need to know. If we're this far along and you STILL think the election was stolen, I'm sorry, I cannot support you. I already knew that about Mullin but was hoping Shannon wouldn't just be "another one".

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
"Alright" is right... Sadly that tells me all I need to know. If we're this far along and you STILL think the election was stolen, I'm sorry, I cannot support you. I already knew that about Mullin but was hoping Shannon wouldn't just be "another one".
Oklahoma not the only state dealing with this crap. I just hope Oklahoma makes better decisions

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1554861733780627458

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I think they both went a bit overboard in their response, however, I'm somewhat hesitant to criticize them too much for it because it was the moderators who posed the question and they answered it. Now my opinion would be quite different if the question was not posed and they still chose to bring it up, THAT I would have a problem with. I wish they would have just said, in summary, yea I still believe it was stolen but that's now in my rear-view mirror and we work with the President we have. To me it's not really an issue of whether or not they still believe it, rather, whether or not they choose to keep bringing it up rather than just moving forward and starting fresh as a newly elected U.S. Senator.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I'm actually watching it right now on YouTube. Mullin is blaming Pelosi for Jan 6 getting to where it did?... WTF am I watching?? lol

Edit: After watching the full debate, these are two guys that I just cannot get behind.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Concord
I think they both went a bit overboard in their response, however, I'm somewhat hesitant to criticize them too much for it because it was the moderators who posed the question and they answered it. Now my opinion would be quite different if the question was not posed and they still chose to bring it up, THAT I would have a problem with. I wish they would have just said, in summary, yea I still believe it was stolen but that's now in my rear-view mirror and we work with the President we have. To me it's not really an issue of whether or not they still believe it, rather, whether or not they choose to keep bringing it up rather than just moving forward and starting fresh as a newly elected U.S. Senator.
Yeah they just need to move on. At the end of the day the scoreboard is all that matters.

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
I'm actually watching it right now on YouTube. Mullin is blaming Pelosi for Jan 6 getting to where it did?... WTF am I watching?? lol

Edit: After watching the full debate, these are two guys that I just cannot get behind.
I post this without watching the debate video you viewed. If both of them really still insist the 2020 election was stolen that is plain stupid and just playing to a far-right base.
I am going to vote for TW Shannon later this month, but I doubt he wins the primary run-offs.

Kendra Horn is the Dem candidate. Based on some of her comments about increasing income taxes and limiting personal freedoms, I don’t see how I can personally check the box for her.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I post this without watching the debate video you viewed. If both of them really still insist the 2020 election was stolen that is plain stupid and just playing to a far-right base.
I am going to vote for TW Shannon later this month, but I doubt he wins the primary run-offs.

Kendra Horn is the Dem candidate. Based on some of her comments about increasing income taxes and limiting personal freedoms, I don’t see how I can personally check the box for her.
The only difference I saw between TW and Mullin in that debate was that Mullin has Trump's endorsement and TW doesn't. Both are against any gun control, against abortion no exceptions, think the election was stolen, etc. They didn't even skirt around any of that stuff, just flat out said it so there was no denying what their view was. Basically two Trump lapdogs but one of them doesn't even have his endorsement.

Oct 7, 2008
The only difference I saw between TW and Mullin in that debate was that Mullin has Trump's endorsement and TW doesn't. Both are against any gun control, against abortion no exceptions, think the election was stolen, etc. They didn't even skirt around any of that stuff, just flat out said it so there was no denying what their view was. Basically two Trump lapdogs but one of them doesn't even have his endorsement.

I might be crazy but I draw a pretty hard line at refusing to vote for Democratically elected officials who, ya know, don't believe in Democracy.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I might be crazy but I draw a pretty hard line at refusing to vote for Democratically elected officials who, ya know, don't believe in Democracy.
And I love how they openly admit RvW being stuck down was good because it sends it to the states but then in the very same breath, Mullin supports a federal law banning abortion. How DENSE does one have to be to not see the hypocrisy in that??

May 31, 2007
Concord
And I love how they openly admit RvW being stuck down was good because it sends it to the states but then in the very same breath, Mullin supports a federal law banning abortion. How DENSE does one have to be to not see the hypocrisy in that??
Oh I think they see the hypocrisy but don’t care. They are worried that the votes wont go their way & they should be worried TBH.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Oh I think they see the hypocrisy but don’t care. They are worried that the votes wont go their way & they should be worried TBH.
I actually meant "they" as in the voters. I'm sure Mullin and Shannon know exactly what they're taking advantage of doing. But you're statement is still right. The voters supporting them don't care either.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Yet somehow still not comparable to liberals looking down their green noses at everyone else while living the mansion high life and flying around in jets. Or perhaps pointing their clean fingers at us to wear a mask on their way to party somewhere else maskless. Yea, sure, conservatives are the only group to exercise hypocrisy.

May 31, 2007
Concord
Yet somehow still not comparable to liberals looking down their green noses at everyone else while living the mansion high life and flying around in jets. Or perhaps pointing their clean fingers at us to wear a mask on their way to party somewhere else maskless. Yea, sure, conservatives are the only group to exercise hypocrisy.
Oh I never said it is just conservatives. I’m not sure which side is more hypocritical but at some point both are so far gone it doesn’t really matter and I think we’ve been at the point with our pols for at least as long as I’ve been alive.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

Jun 14, 2011
Great news for you, if the elections don't matter b/c they are overthrown by treasonous pricks, there won't be any more liberals left in power to even be hypocritical. Screw democracy, b/c that isn't as bad as the boogyman liberal, amiright?!? Yay!

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
whatever-shrug.gif