GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Why is that? Because she doesn't support giving state tax dollars to private schools, including religious ones? If so, you might want to support a petition to vote to change the state constitution to allow state tax dollar support for private as well as religious schools. Maybe lots of Catholic schools are still open.
The Supreme Court already ruled on that.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Wow, I relate with that article.

I’m not sure what all this angry, chest-thumping, bullying, “don’t tread on me” thing that we’ve come to call Christianity is, but here’s what I do know:
It isn’t the Gospel.
It isn’t Good News for the poor and marginalized.
It isn’t the Prince of Peace.
It isn’t the perfect love that casts out fear.
It isn’t Jesus by any measure.
It’s a toxic cocktail of power, control, fear, nationalism, and white privilege—and it looks much more like the bloated opulence of Rome than the early Church that resisted it.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
https://twitter.com/LennyDykstra/status/1544771013308825602
Pretty sure old Lenny doesn’t get to vote…being a convicted felon and all.

The tailspin he has been in is honestly really sad I feel bad for him.

Cocaine and meth are bad news man.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Does he get a rifle, I thought felons lost that right?
There is that, too….though to be fair, Lenny has shown himself not to give an eff about the law. He’s gonna do what he’s gonna do.

Felons definitely are prohibited from possessing firearms under federal law (Brady Act). I don’t know what Arizona state law is because for certain because I don’t practice there. Felons in Oklahoma can’t possess firearms (or altered air pistols or imitation pistols or toy pistols altered to look real) until they get a pardon.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
There is that, too….though to be fair, Lenny has shown himself not to give an eff about the law. He’s gonna do what he’s gonna do.

Felons definitely are prohibited from possessing firearms under federal law (Brady Act). I don’t know what Arizona state law is because for certain because I don’t practice there. Felons in Oklahoma can’t possess firearms (or altered air pistols or imitation pistols or toy pistols altered to look real) until they get a pardon.
Yeah, Lenny probably thinks the Brady Act has something to do with Marsha and Jan.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Pretty certain her intent was directed to the hypothetical person or people threatening the lives of her grandchildren.
Then she should have simply said she’d do anything to protect her five grandchildren, including shooting armed people threatening their lives. She, unfortunately, makes gun rights supporters look off in the head. Not only wouldn't I vote for her, I wouldn't want to be her grandchild.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Then she should have simply said she’d do anything to protect her five grandchildren, including shooting armed people threatening their lives. She, unfortunately, makes gun rights supporters look off in the head. Not only wouldn't I vote for her, I wouldn't want to be her grandchild.
Hey, I agree with ya, she SHOULD have said that, but she didn't and common sense should tell us that she probably didn't intend for it to come out that way.