GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
The GOP is in such horrible shape that people are leaving the Dems to join the R's. Huh, who'd thunk it.

More than 1 million voters switch registration to GOP as suburbs break from Biden | Fox News
Probably one of the few things that can be done to actually pull the party back away from the far right ledge... That or (false optimism) it could be enough to split the party in two so the far right can go off into their own weird party and the rest of us that are more moderate can have our party back. lol

Sep 6, 2012
nunya
Probably one of the few things that can be done to actually pull the party back away from the far right ledge... That or (false optimism) it could be enough to split the party in two so the far right can go off into their own weird party and the rest of us that are more moderate can have our party back. lol
The moderates have to go somewhere.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Gonna be a huge wave in Nov.
Another fake news headline.
Roughly 1.7 million Americans have changed their party affiliation over the past 12 months. Two-thirds of those have gone to the GOP, while just 630,000 have switched to the Democratic Party, according to the report.

1700000 changed. 630000 went democrat. Giving 1070000 going to the republicans.

So 1070000-630000= 440000 net gain in a country of 330000000 is pretty far from a huge wave.

The incumbents nearly always lose the mid-terms, but this doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary to me.

Will be interesting to see what the RvW decision does to this.

Sep 6, 2012
nunya
Another fake news headline.
Roughly 1.7 million Americans have changed their party affiliation over the past 12 months. Two-thirds of those have gone to the GOP, while just 630,000 have switched to the Democratic Party, according to the report.

1700000 changed. 630000 went democrat. Giving 1070000 going to the republicans.

So 1070000-630000= 440000 net gain in a country of 330000000 is pretty far from a huge wave.

The incumbents nearly always lose the mid-terms, but this doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary to me.

Will be interesting to see what the RvW decision does to this.
Huh ? The headline says more than 1 million which is what your math equaled .

Sep 6, 2012
nunya
If it says a million switched then leaves off 600k switching away it is accurate but misleading. If I said I won a million dollars but left off the fact that I gambled away $630k to win it that is accurate but misleading.
Yeah, all the gamblers I ever talk to always disclose their winnings. My point is that the headline says more than a million. It doesn't say the r's netted more than a million. At least the other info is in the article though. Not really a fake news "headline"

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Yeah, all the gamblers I ever talk to always disclose their winnings. My point is that the headline says more than a million. It doesn't say the r's netted more than a million. At least the other info is in the article though. Not really a fake news "headline"
OK, sure, as long as the people around here who constantly complain about the fake and misleading headlines from the “mainstream “ media are just as forgiving.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
good job voting today gopers...let's vote to leave stitt in office and let's get markwayne mullins in as senator...good lord

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
good job voting today gopers...let's vote to leave stitt in office and let's get markwayne mullins in as senator...good lord
I wanted to be surprised with the results…but I can’t. These two know exactly how to pander to their bases.

At least Stitt won’t have a yes man as his AG.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I wanted to be surprised with the results…but I can’t. These two know exactly how to pander to their bases.

At least Stitt won’t have a yes man as his AG.
At least TW Shannon is in the runoff with Mullins.

Those other GOP candidates for governor were weak at best. I was so fed up listening to each candidate trying to out-conservative the others and all clamoring for Trumps endorsement. O'Conner was one of the worst. His promo claims he's the only conservative and Drummond is a "never Trumper" and mocked Donald Trump. I voted for Drummond just because of this. I am so sick of everyone trying to out extreme the others pushing the parties further and further into the fringe.

Last edited:

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
At least TW Shannon is in the runoff with Mullins.

Those other GOP candidates for governor were weak at best. I was so fed up listening to each candidate trying to out-conservative the others and all clamoring for Trumps endorsement. O'Conner was one of the worst. His promo claims he's the only conservative and Drummond is a "never Trumper" and mocked Donald Trump. I voted for Drummond just because of this. I am so sick of everyone trying to out extreme the others pushing the parties further and further into the fringe.
Still baffles me that not only are Republican politicians yearning for the endorsement of a guy that lost his re-election (which hasn't happened since GHWB and to a guy they all believe has Alzheimer's) but also that for a majority of their base, it actually works... I just can't imagine that frame of mind.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
I don't know whether to feel bad for the gop or smh at them...I'm talking about the moderate republicans...people just trying to hold onto conservative values...trump has not only helped to divide the nation (IMO), he has also divided the republican party...we now have the MAGAs and the RINOs...it's utterly crazy to think people still want to/are forced to follow this buffoon and his Big Lie (well over 50% of gopers still believe he won/was screwed)...in the words of nazi Joseph Goebbels, "Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth."