GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Yeah, I can see that. The money was to help increase inspection ability of imported formula to ensure it hit FDA standards and to create a supply chain contingency plan etc.
If the foreign plant isn't already up to FDA standards throwing more money at inspections won't elevate it to FDA standards. Which, if the foreign plant was up to FDA standards they would already be selling in our market.

The agency doesn't need to be prepared for shortages, the industry needs to be prepared for shortages.

Everybody demonizes big pharma until they don't have baby formula.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
If the foreign plant isn't already up to FDA standards throwing more money at inspections won't elevate it to FDA standards. Which, if the foreign plant was up to FDA standards they would already be selling in our market.

The agency doesn't need to be prepared for shortages, the industry needs to be prepared for shortages.

Everybody demonizes big pharma until they don't have baby formula.
I can not disagree with that. Thanks for the insight.
we have one plant that produces 40% of the entire stock of formula in the US. The Industry just saw the full impact of removing 40% of production by having so many of your eggs in one basket.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Yeah, I can see that. The money was to help increase inspection ability of imported formula to ensure it hit FDA standards and to create a supply chain contingency plan etc. The reason the need to increase the For the increased inspection of Foreign produced Formula is that it is expected that this formula will be needed to be imported at a higher rate and no foreign makers have FDA authorization because we will need to import until the Abbott plant again which I think will take several months.

The main piece of legislation, sponsored by Rep. Rosa DeLauro(D-Conn.), would provide $28 million in emergency funding to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to beef up inspections of formula made at foreign plants and to guard against any future shortages by ensuring the agency is prepared for supply chain disruptions.
If the stockpile at the border is true, why can’t we get that and send the imports to the border as a replacement?

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Overbearing politicians going after schools wasn't enough, now they are after businesses.

I wonder how many "libertarians" (a word that has essentially lost meaning) will be OK with this too.

https://myfox8.com/news/virginia/va...order-against-barnes-noble-over-gender-queer/

VA delegate seeks restraining order against Barnes & Noble over ‘Gender Queer’

(WGHP) — A book retailer may be facing a legal fight in Virginia over selling certain young adult books.

According to a Facebook post, Attorney and state delegate Tim Anderson and his client Tommy Altman, a congressional candidate in the district around Virginia Beach, said “the Virginia Beach Circuit Court has found probable cause that the books “Gender Queer” and “A Court of Mist and Fury” are obscene to unrestricted viewing by minors.”

The post goes on to say that Altman has directed Anderson’s office to “seek a restraining order against Barnes and Noble and Virginia Beach Schools” in order to stop the sale or loaning of these books to minors without parental consent.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Last edited:

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Guys that wear lingerie, not that there's anything wrong with that have forfeited their conservative card.
As well as pedophiles (Gaetz), nutty conspiracists (MTG), and deficit-spending/womanizing/tyrant-swooning/constitution-ignoring/despot-wannabes (one guess)?

And yet these are all embraced by the new conservatives.

Oct 7, 2008
I just can't imagine what it's like to live constantly thinking there's some bogeyman out to get you...
I was taking a 538 survey recently that shows you your political leanings and it had a decent number of questions that were forms of 'do you think people are conspiring against you'. Thought it was weird until I realized it was seeing if I was a far righty.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I was taking a 538 survey recently that shows you your political leanings and it had a decent number of questions that were forms of 'do you think people are conspiring against you'. Thought it was weird until I realized it was seeing if I was a far righty.
We've gone full circle, remember when "The Man" kept lefties down?

Nov 6, 2010
“It’s time for the rise of the new right, it’s time for Dark MAGA to truly take command.”
Isn’t that a Star Wars character? What a bizarre and somewhat unnerving post.

And I wonder what it means?? I always hesitate to invoke Nazi comparisons because they're just so overdone, but man, that really has a 3rd Reich sound to it, particularly when combined with his recent visit to the Eagle's Nest. How much of this mentality is really out there?