GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The GOP is actually trying to blame Google for their Fund Raising campaign emails going into SPAM folders??

Here is an Idea. Quit sending out 10 Million Emails in ONE day and then the Spam filter won't consider you SPAM...Don't send out 22 MILLION emails in 3 days....and the filter won't catch it as SPAM. ....I mean...I've accidently got my company black listed by Microsoft once for sending out 400 Emails in one day before....

Do they not realize that many ISP's will block it as Spam REGARDLESS of how many Google sends out and that the ISP adds a 2nd level of Spam protection...and then the END user can add their OWN level of SPAM protection.... The RNC is trying to make a big deal out of this and Blame big Tech....but come on....there are WAY more variables at play here and there are at least 3 Different levels of SPAM Protection between the origin Email and the End User and that Google doesn't control 2/3rd of Those SPAM protections!!????

On Sept. 28, Gmail spammed more than 3.1 million RNC emails. The next day, Gmail spammed more than 9.8 million RNC emails, and on Sept. 30, Gmail spammed more than 9.97 million RNC mails.

An RNC official told Fox News Digital that Republicans have raised this issue with Google "for months" and said they have received "no resolution."

"We enable political committees and other organizations to reach their constituents, donors, and key audiences via email. When Gmail users say that they don't want to receive an email, we place the email in the spam folder, politics or political affiliation plays no role in this determination," Google spokesperson José Castañeda told Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rn...ptember-exploring-legal-options?intcmp=tw_fnc

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Alabama Sen. Tuberville equates descendants of enslaved people to criminals npr

Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., falsely compared descendants of enslaved people to criminals during his speech on Saturday, drawing criticism that his remarks were racist.
The lawmaker was invited to speak at a pro-Trump rally in Minden, Nevada to support Republican candidates ahead of November's midterm elections. In an overwhelming white crowd, Tuberville criticized Democrats for being "pro-crime."
"They want crime because they want to take over what you got. They want to control what you have. They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that," Tuberville added. "Bullsh*t! They are not owed that."
Reparations refer to compensation for those who have suffered wrongdoing. Over the years, there's been growing support to offer reparations for Black Americans whose ancestors were enslaved as a way to address the lingering effects of slavery.

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
Alabama Sen. Tuberville equates descendants of enslaved people to criminals npr

Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., falsely compared descendants of enslaved people to criminals during his speech on Saturday, drawing criticism that his remarks were racist.
The lawmaker was invited to speak at a pro-Trump rally in Minden, Nevada to support Republican candidates ahead of November's midterm elections. In an overwhelming white crowd, Tuberville criticized Democrats for being "pro-crime."
"They want crime because they want to take over what you got. They want to control what you have. They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that," Tuberville added. "Bullsh*t! They are not owed that."
Reparations refer to compensation for those who have suffered wrongdoing. Over the years, there's been growing support to offer reparations for Black Americans whose ancestors were enslaved as a way to address the lingering effects of slavery.
I saw a tweet that effectively had the same as the headline you had above. So... I watched a 2 minute clip of Tuberville's speech. Unless he said something prior or after ...it certainly did not seem that he was talking about race. This just appears to be an article to make something racial or something that was not.

Dec 9, 2013
I saw a tweet that effectively had the same as the headline you had above. So... I watched a 2 minute clip of Tuberville's speech. Unless he said something prior or after ...it certainly did not seem that he was talking about race. This just appears to be an article to make something racial or something that was not.
The actual npr article has the statement in quotes. Seems pretty clear to me if the quotes were applied correctly (and npr is pretty fair) then he said the quiet part out loud.

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
The actual npr article has the statement in quotes. Seems pretty clear to me if the quotes were applied correctly (and npr is pretty fair) then he said the quiet part out loud.
What is the quote that NPR listed? The video clip I saw had Tuberville talking for about 30-45 seconds and then had the statement that @PF5 had in quotes. Which even by itself is not racial, but within his context was not at all.

Maybe there were some additional statements I didn't see at the event, but if not ...his statement was a nothing burger. I get that extremists in one party always try to make statements from those in the opposition party mean something that was not intended, but there is no reason to help extremists on stirring up the outrage machine.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I used to work with his brother Charlie

Dec 9, 2013
What is the quote that NPR listed? The video clip I saw had Tuberville talking for about 30-45 seconds and then had the statement that @PF5 had in quotes. Which even by itself is not racial, but within his context was not at all.

Maybe there were some additional statements I didn't see at the event, but if not ...his statement was a nothing burger. I get that extremists in one party always try to make statements from those in the opposition party mean something that was not intended, but there is no reason to help extremists on stirring up the outrage machine.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I used to work with his brother Charlie
I fall for it every time. Just when I think it’s possible to have a rational message board exchange with you, I get kicked in the nads. My bad.

Oct 7, 2008
"They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that."

This is word for word what he said. He's talking about black people here, there's literally no other way to interpret it. This is as racist as it gets.

cableok

Territorial Marshal
Mar 11, 2006
"They want reparations because they think the people that do the crime are owed that."

This is word for word what he said. He's talking about black people here, there's literally no other way to interpret it. This is as racist as it gets.
That sentence means racist to you? Are you saying ”reparations” only means a particular race? C’mon man. Stop drinking the kool-aid of the outrage machine.

We should all fight racism —- not get falsely outraged because some Twitter knuckleheads are vocabulary challenged.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
That sentence means racist to you? Are you saying ”reparations” only means a particular race? C’mon man. Stop drinking the kool-aid of the outrage machine.

We should all fight racism —- not get falsely outraged because some Twitter knuckleheads are vocabulary challenged.
I would agree with you here if it wasn't a WEEKLY occurrence that a member of the GOP seems to find a hard time not "accidentally" being racist ..I mean..at some point it is trend and not a passing slip up

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK

My gawd man... WTF else would he be talking about??