GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Yep, the Democrats would never deny the results of an election. Right?

I didn’t like it then either. But remember when they ginned up a crowd of protesters who attacked the Capitol Building to interfere with the electoral vote count, and as a result, over 100 officers were injured and 5 people died?

Oh, wait…

Sep 3, 2010
I didn’t like it then either. But remember when they ginned up a crowd of protesters who attacked the Capitol Building to interfere with the electoral vote count, and as a result, over 100 officers were injured and 5 people died?

Oh, wait…
First of all , the post that I responded to wasn't yours and was insinuating that the republicans were the only ones denying election results. I merely pointed out that the dems have been doing it for literally decades and Hillary was still doing it as recently as last week. BTW, the "insurrection" was bad enough in and of itself without continually fabricating and repeating the BS numbers. There was only one person killed on Jan 6th... an unarmed woman named Ashli Babbit was shot by a capital police officer.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I don't know, it just seems like a really ignorant voting strategy to vote based on gender rather than qualifications. Just me?
Seems like an ignorant voting strategy to vote based on party rather than qualifications as well, but here we are. I don't see how voting based on gender is any worse than voting based on the letter next to their name (which is what Townie was proposing voting straight female as an alternative to).

My, times have changed when I find myself backing up Townie...

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
First of all , the post that I responded to wasn't yours and was insinuating that the republicans were the only ones denying election results. I merely pointed out that the dems have been doing it for literally decades and Hillary was still doing it as recently as last week. BTW, the "insurrection" was bad enough in and of itself without continually fabricating and repeating the BS numbers. There was only one person killed on Jan 6th... an unarmed woman named Ashli Babbit was shot by a capital police officer.
“as a result” is not BS.

FYI: it’s Capitol and capitalized. And I thought Blue Lives Mattered.

Sep 3, 2010
“as a result” is not BS.

FYI: it’s Capitol and capitalized. And I thought Blue Lives Mattered.
Yeah, still BS but you're in good company with AOC.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/why-do-they-keep-inflating-the-jan-6-body-count

he added, “This was a terror attack. 138 injured, almost 10 dead. Those responsible remain a danger to our democracy, our country, and human life in the vicinity of our Capitol and beyond.”

Ocasio-Cortez’s remarks come not too long after Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson of Mississippi, who heads the committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot, said the riot claimed seven lives.

His remarks represented a revision of the earlier estimate of five fatalities, which was already a revision of the earlier estimate of four.

This is all rather confusing, considering five is the often-agreed-to number of deaths caused by the riot.

About that: Of the five deaths commonly associated with the attack on the Capitol, only one (the police shooting death of 35-year-old U.S. Air Force veteran and Trump supporter Ashli Babbitt) was directly caused by the riot. No other deaths occurred during the attack. No one succumbed later to injuries sustained during the assault, either.

Trump supporters Benjamin Phillips and Kevin Greeson, whose deaths were initially blamed on the riot, died of natural causes, a medical examiner ruled in April. Trump supporter Rosanne Boyland, whom initial reports claimed was crushed to death by the pro-Trump mob, died of a drug overdose.

Then, there’s Capitol Hill Police Officer Brian Sicknick, whose death was originally attributed to “injuries suffered during the riot.” Except that proved to be untrue. He suffered two strokes after the protest and died of natural causes, according to Francisco Diaz, the chief medical examiner in Washington, D.C. There is no evidence Sicknick suffered internal or external injuries from the incident, Diaz said.

Splitting hairs? Not really. Hyperbolic pearl clutching and stretching the truth? Yep

Thanks for the spelling lesson Poindexter.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
but Gov Abbott was building his own wall on Texas dime ?? Is the wall not working ?

After the Biden administration halted the construction of former President Donald Trump’s border wall, hundreds of unused wall panels were left at construction sites.
Now 1,700 unused panels — declared surplus property by the federal government — have been shipped from California to help build Gov. Greg Abbott’s state-funded wall, according to spokespeople for the U.S. Department of Defense and the Texas Facilities Commission.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
And they are lying to them to get them on the Planes AND doing all of this at the expense of the local Taxpayer money in the border towns.

I'm sure the border towns have enough tax budget crunches as it is without also paying to send plane loads of immigrants all over the country.