GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Rent free in binmans head. Has been for the last 5 years and looks to be going strong
Saving this response for the next time California legal terminology redeems their free rent.
"According to the local ABC affiliate for the Bay Area, the California Penal Code didn't allow for the use of the term "looting" to describe the thefts involving large groups of people because, it claimed, the definition didn't match the act as defined by law. It also cited two individuals it referred to as "experts," who described the term as being reminiscent of Black people and people of color being associated with the act of looting."

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Rent free in binmans head. Has been for the last 5 years and looks to be going strong

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I would have loved to seen the response on this board if

1. A random democrat Super PAC gave Obama $1 BILLION to start a company

2. AOC then resign Congress to go be CEO of that company

Crap...there was a multi page post over the fact that The Obama's signed a $25 million contract to produce content for Netflix...and this board lost the collective crap about that

Think about what just happened.....a SPAC with unknown funding sources just have a Former Republican POTUS. $1 BILLION and a member of the GOP Congress resigned to go head up this new company

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
When he can't find anything successful about liberal politicians or policy to hold up as a success story, this is what he is left with.
There has been nothing positive to post about the current White House administration. It's a complete failure on every front except for one. If it's mission is to destroy the USA China Joe is on the right track.

Sep 12, 2008
There has been nothing positive to post about the current White House administration. It's a complete failure on every front except for one. If it's mission is to destroy the USA China Joe is on the right track.
His stated goal to remind everyone what a bad choice Trump was and his spawn.. not to remind people what a horrible choice they made in response to Trump or to support this dumpster fire of an administration.

Last edited:

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
BDS

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Holy crap, I'm trying to stay away from the politics side of the board, but with all the things going on out there someone has the nerve to act like Republicans have cornered the market on irrationality? end of quote

Last edited:

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
From the NY Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/05/opinion/gentrification-los-angeles-little-library.html

INGLEWOOD, Calif. — About a year ago, I decided to build a library on my front lawn. By library, I mean one of those little free-standing library boxes that dot lawns in bedroom communities around the country — charming, birdhouse-like structures filled with books that invite neighbors and passers-by to take a book, or donate a book, or both.

Then one morning, glancing out my front window, I saw a young white couple stopped at the library. Instantly, I was flooded with emotions — astonishment, and then resentment, and then astonishment at my resentment. It all converged into a silent scream in my head of, Get off my lawn!

What I resented was not this specific couple. It was their whiteness, and my feelings of helplessness at not knowing how to maintain the integrity of a Black space that I had created.