GOP Senators call for end of antitrust exemption for MLB

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Agreed. The GOP is self-destructing.
The media has been telling us that for years. If they are self-destructing, they are absolutely horrible at it.
Even after Trump:
* They gained seats in the House
* They have more Republican Senators than Democrat Party Senators
* They have more Governors than Democrats
* They control more state legislatures than Democrats

Remind me: Which me political party had a sitting US house member tweet yesterday that we must abolish the police and to completely end incarceration? Because that sounds mainstream.

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
The media has been telling us that for years. If they are self-destructing, they are absolutely horrible at it.
Even after Trump:

Remind me: Which me political party had a sitting US house member tweet yesterday that we must abolish the police and to completely end incarceration? Because that sounds mainstream.
Well, I didn’t say the Democrats are any better.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Even after Trump:

The two parties will long outlast the MLB.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Well they really should'nt have anti-trust exemption but it's not like it affects me in any way. Take the politics out of it and I think most people would agree with that.

Unfortunately, politics are omnipresent these days so this will be just one more thing used to divide us. I freaking hate politics.

Nov 23, 2010
Well they really should'nt have anti-trust exemption but it's not like it affects me in any way. Take the politics out of it and I think most people would agree with that.

Unfortunately, politics are omnipresent these days so this will be just one more thing used to divide us. I freaking hate politics.
Seems like this is all just posturing from everyone right? All of the other pro leagues have been fine without the anti-trust exemption. I see no reason why MLB wouldn't be able to.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
Seems like this is all just posturing from everyone right? All of the other pro leagues have been fine without the anti-trust exemption. I see no reason why MLB wouldn't be able to.
It wouldn’t threaten their existence but the league still wants to keep the exemption. Losing it would mean a loss of control in several areas.