Gonna Be A Rough Ride

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://oklahoman.com/article/56443...-prices-plummet-after-russell-westbrook-trade

Thunder ticket prices have plummeted on the secondary market.
On TickPick, a site that markets itself as "the no-fee secondary ticket marketplace," Thunder ticket prices at Chesapeake Energy Arena dropped 74 percent between last season ($172.55 average) and this season ($44.67), according to a TickPick spokesperson. That marks not only the steepest decline on the site, but also the cheapest average home game prices in the NBA.
The drop in prices coincides with a series of trades this summer that set the Thunder on the path toward a rebuild. Paul George’s trade request to join Kawhi Leonard on the Clippers kicked off the movement. Then the Thunder traded Russell Westbrook, its biggest star, to Houston. OKC received future Hall of Famer Chris Paul in return. However, the Thunder still went from over 25 nationally televised games last season to just three this year.

SkyHawkCowboy

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2016
Mustang, OK
https://oklahoman.com/article/56443...-prices-plummet-after-russell-westbrook-trade

Thunder ticket prices have plummeted on the secondary market.
On TickPick, a site that markets itself as "the no-fee secondary ticket marketplace," Thunder ticket prices at Chesapeake Energy Arena dropped 74 percent between last season ($172.55 average) and this season ($44.67), according to a TickPick spokesperson. That marks not only the steepest decline on the site, but also the cheapest average home game prices in the NBA.
The drop in prices coincides with a series of trades this summer that set the Thunder on the path toward a rebuild. Paul George’s trade request to join Kawhi Leonard on the Clippers kicked off the movement. Then the Thunder traded Russell Westbrook, its biggest star, to Houston. OKC received future Hall of Famer Chris Paul in return. However, the Thunder still went from over 25 nationally televised games last season to just three this year.
Agree. I'm holding zero expectations for resale of my season tix... even for the premium games! Gonna be a loooong season I'm afraid.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
It will be interesting to see the effect on attendance for the Pokes. We may be seeing a reversal of what happened when the Thunder took over the OK basketball market while the Pokes were in decline.

Boynton appears to have the program looking up, so will the fans return in strong numbers? Hoping so!

Mar 31, 2011
It's odd, but i'm probably more excited for this season than either of the previous two seasons. Paul George was never going to work. I loved Russ and I'm grateful for his time here, but I'm excited for the future.

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
It will be interesting to see the effect on attendance for the Pokes. We may be seeing a reversal of what happened when the Thunder took over the OK basketball market while the Pokes were in decline.

Boynton appears to have the program looking up, so will the fans return in strong numbers? Hoping so!
Either that or tickets will be so cheap people will go to the Thunder games instead.

SkyHawkCowboy

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2016
Mustang, OK
Honestly looks like better fundamental basketball and team play with this squad. Let's enjoy it while this current roster is together. SGA is going to be a great piece to build the franchise around!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Honestly looks like better fundamental basketball and team play with this squad. Let's enjoy it while this current roster is together. SGA is going to be a great piece to build the franchise around!
Living outside the state, I haven't had the chance to see them. I like what I'm hearing from you guys, though.

And as much as I loved Russ, his ball-centric nature just perpetually limited the ball movement. Maybe now we can really see if Donovan's the longterm answer as Head Coach.

SkyHawkCowboy

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2016
Mustang, OK
Living outside the state, I haven't had the chance to see them. I like what I'm hearing from you guys, though.

And as much as I loved Russ, his ball-centric nature just perpetually limited the ball movement. Maybe now we can really see if Donovan's the longterm answer as Head Coach.
Donovan actually looks more relaxed and is able to actually coach now. We'll see how this team progresses, but I like the energy and hustle from these guys.