Golf Next Week

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
I see that admission is free and parking available along the entrance road. How long a walk might it be from parking along the road to get to the course? I was there in 2018, but memory is short. I vaguely remember it being pretty far from Hwy 51 to the clubhouse.

Aug 16, 2012
I see that admission is free and parking available along the entrance road. How long a walk might it be from parking along the road to get to the course? I was there in 2018, but memory is short. I vaguely remember it being pretty far from Hwy 51 to the clubhouse.
From 51 at the county road it is 1.25 miles to the clubhouse if you walk down the county road then cut across at the maintenance barn, walk the service road between 13 and 14 and cross the bridge. No idea if they permit that but that seems to be what they are intending fans to do. If you cannot, it is right about 2.5 miles to follow Memorial as it wraps around the northwest and southwest ends of the course but the deep pocket homeowners would probably blow a gasket if you parked there. Along the county road fans will be lucky to find a spot due to the drainage ditches and fences close to the road. Only open areas of any significance is the field around the communication tower. Street view does not show this to be gated off but from there, it is right at the 1.25 miles. Tournament parking seems to be poorly addressed.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Thanks. I'm 76 and may just stay home in Boulder. 3 yrs ago it worked well with parking at Carl Blackwell and shuttles. Regional crowd size probably doesn't justify that.

Sep 15, 2006
Thanks. I'm 76 and may just stay home in Boulder. 3 yrs ago it worked well with parking at Carl Blackwell and shuttles. Regional crowd size probably doesn't justify that.
I understand there will be shuttles to and from the clubhouse along the road picking up and dropping off attendees ... so hopefully you won't have to walk too far without getting a ride.