Geary Tournament (Possible Future Cowboy Wrestlers)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
The nation's oldest wrestling tournament is today and tomorrow in Geary, Oklahoma and generally draws an extremely strong group of schools/wrestlers. This year they are down a bit, probably because of COVID. Two things make Geary really interesting: 1) there is a complete blind draw, meaning no seeds. Two state champs can meet in first round and 2) the winner of the consolation bracket challenges for true second against the loser of the championship match., which I LOVE. What I don't love is that they do not use online bracketing, so even though there is a stream on Rokfin, you have no idea who is wrestling. Handwritten brackets are "tradition" they say. It stinks, especially in years there are quite a few nationally ranked guys and technology has progressed to where it is easily streamed. In any event, here's how some possible future Cowboys did, according to the WRITTEN brackets:

120: Parker Witcraft (Broken Arrow): Semis (10-3, 6-1) faces Sam Smith (Stillwater)
120: Sam Smith (Stillwater): Semis (5-2, 10-4) faces Parker Witcraft
126: Cael Hughes (Stillwater): Semis (12-4) faces Kaleb Collins (Broken Arrow)
132: Zach Blankenship (Bixby): Semis (Fall-1:20, Fall1:03) faces JJ MComas (Stillwater)
132: JJ McComas (Stillwater): Semis (21-4, 15-2) faces Zach Blankenship
138: Jace Roller (Bixby): Semis (7-1, Fall-0:45) faces Kody Rutledge (Ed North)
138: Landyn Sommer (Stillwater) Semis (Fall-3:21, Fall-3:23) faces Cole Brooks (Collinsville)
152: Kael Voinovich (Stillwater) Semis (Fall-1:49, 12-2_ faces Cameron Steed (Collinsville)
160: Angelo Ferrari (Stillwater) Semis (23-7, Fall 2:37, Fall 1:46) faces John Wiley (Mustang)
195: Jersey Robb (Bixby) Semis (Fall 1:44, ?) faces Dax Hughes (Stillwater)

Anthony Ferrari and Ladarrion Lockett appear to still be injured. Hopefully they will be back soon. Jersey Robb, Zach Blankenship and Cael Hughes are current commits/signees. I don't think I missed anyone.

Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
Angelo Ferrari (Sophomore) vs Wiley (OU Signee) was a great match too. Ferrari in on several single legs, but Wiley had good defense. Couple of really good series that could have gone either way. Goes to OT and Angelo get the TD for a 3-1 win!

Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
Witcraft beat Sam Smith earlier, btw,

In the 120 Finals, Witcraft faced Hunter Hollingsworth (Edmond North) and Hollingsworth wins 3-1. Witcraft was thisclose to a reverse with a few seconds left but Hollingsworth held on to an ankle.

3rd Place Sam Smith v. Porter Matecki (Whitfield): Matecki wins 1-0.