Furniture Buying In North Dallas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Spent huge portions of the past several weeks looking for new master bedroom and living room furniture. Today we found ourselves at Ashley Furniture in Frisco near 121 and DNT. Had a great kid working with us named Chris P. who said everyone calls him Crispy. Not sure how it all transpired but soon came to find out the P stood for Pogi, as in Aso Pogi's nephew. Spent a lot of time just chatting with him about his uncle and him. Great kid and due in no small part to the OSU connection, we bought way more than we anticipated. Hit it off well enough we are going golfing together.

Thought I would throw this out so if there are any alums in the area who are looking for furniture, might try this Ashley, ask for Crispy and maybe help put a few bucks into the pocket of a family member of a former Poke QB.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Spent huge portions of the past several weeks looking for new master bedroom and living room furniture. Today we found ourselves at Ashley Furniture in Frisco near 121 and DNT. Had a great kid working with us named Chris P. who said everyone calls him Crispy. Not sure how it all transpired but soon came to find out the P stood for Pogi, as in Aso Pogi's nephew. Spent a lot of time just chatting with him about his uncle and him. Great kid and due in no small part to the OSU connection, we bought way more than we anticipated. Hit it off well enough we are going golfing together.

Thought I would throw this out so if there are any alums in the area who are looking for furniture, might try this Ashley, ask for Crispy and maybe help put a few bucks into the pocket of a family member of a former Poke QB.
Small world. Big fan of Ashley too. Don’t need anything but Ashley has never disappointed me.

Aug 16, 2012
Do not participate in the board anymore, but thought an update on this post might be appreciated.

Per the OP, it is now six months since we placed our two orders with them, having paid well over $7k for several pieces of furniture. In the interim, about a quarter of the pieces have been delivered and they have no idea when the balance will be available. So I have cancelled our order, written a succinct letter demanding the payment be returned and they come pick up the random pieces they actually delivered. This is after no less than a dozen phone calls and trips down there to get updates, each time to be promised something that never transpired.

Nothing against the young Mr. Pogi (no idea if he still works there as we did not see him the last two times we were in), but Ashley Furniture has lost our business. There are a few internet pages about them pulling these stunts which I wish I had looked into prior to making our order.

Buyer beware!!!

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Do not participate in the board anymore, but thought an update on this post might be appreciated.

Per the OP, it is now six months since we placed our two orders with them, having paid well over $7k for several pieces of furniture. In the interim, about a quarter of the pieces have been delivered and they have no idea when the balance will be available. So I have cancelled our order, written a succinct letter demanding the payment be returned and they come pick up the random pieces they actually delivered. This is after no less than a dozen phone calls and trips down there to get updates, each time to be promised something that never transpired.

Nothing against the young Mr. Pogi (no idea if he still works there as we did not see him the last two times we were in), but Ashley Furniture has lost our business. There are a few internet pages about them pulling these stunts which I wish I had looked into prior to making our order.

Buyer beware!!!
That sucks. Not related to supply chain problems? Just jerks?

Nov 6, 2010
I know this is not exactly what you're looking for, but it is somewhat relevant and may be useful. We bought a full bedroom set (Ashley), beautiful, at an estate sale. I want to say we paid around $1,200 for the whole thing, and we love it. We also bought a kitchen table and chairs, very nice, $200 total. There are estate sales every weekend now, and the companies that run them all have websites where they list the items so you can pre-shop and not waste your time on the ones that don't have anything that interests you. I imagine in the North Dallas area there would be tons of those to look through.