Fry's Electronics Stores closing

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
I have fond memories of the Garland TX and later the Plano TX Fry's stores in the early to mid 2000s. A couple of months ago, I went to the N Houston location and it was really DEPRESSING. more than half empty shelves. tons of chinese-made junk. No one really even in the store. It was like a bad flea-market. Felt like I was going to get robbed in the parking lot. Just super depressing of a once great shopping experience.

I took my kid who wasn't even born when Fry's was at its height and he even said it felt weird being in that store.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Circuit City, Ultimate Electronics, and now Fry's. Somehow Best Buy has been able to weather the storm.
Online shopping has destroyed the job market moreso than any other scenario imaginable. People who shop online are literally destroying this country. Just stop shopping online, people.

Oh, and looking at you, Amazon. The number of US jobs shipped overseas during the entirety of US' history? Amazon alone has that number beat, times 3.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
Online shopping has destroyed the job market moreso than any other scenario imaginable. People who shop online are literally destroying this country. Just stop shopping online, people.

Oh, and looking at you, Amazon. The number of US jobs shipped overseas during the entirety of US' history? Amazon alone has that number beat, times 3.
That's not going to happen.