Formula 1 (2021)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I'm seeing a lot of chatter online about how Brazil was such an amazing race, and that LH showed that he is the greatest, etc... Personally, I thought the race (and the sprint) were both somewhat boring. LH literally driving past people on the main straight over and over, because his car was clearly much faster. I didn't see the "great skill" he displayed.

The only fun part was him and Max battling through the middle of the race, but him taking P1 was inevitable. His car looked 20mph faster than everyone else, including Max.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
I'm seeing a lot of chatter online about how Brazil was such an amazing race, and that LH showed that he is the greatest, etc... Personally, I thought the race (and the sprint) were both somewhat boring. LH literally driving past people on the main straight over and over, because his car was clearly much faster. I didn't see the "great skill" he displayed.

The only fun part was him and Max battling through the middle of the race, but him taking P1 was inevitable. His car looked 20mph faster than everyone else, including Max.
Lando opened the door for Hamilton on the first lap with his attempted move on Sainz. Bottas let him through on team orders, and there’s your battle with Max.

Outside of that though there was some good racing in the midfield. Gasly vs Alpine comes to mind.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Lando opened the door for Hamilton on the first lap with his attempted move on Sainz. Bottas let him through on team orders, and there’s your battle with Max.

Outside of that though there was some good racing in the midfield. Gasly vs Alpine comes to mind.
Agreed! The midfield battles were decent. But all they showed was Lewis sailing past people on the straight over and over and over. Was glad when he finally passed Max so we could see some of the other battles.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
Will be interesting to see if Jeddah actually is completed for race time. Could make for a very interesting scenario where Max could clinch as long as he gets 2nd and Lewis doesn’t get fastest lap.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Will be interesting to see if Jeddah actually is completed for race time. Could make for a very interesting scenario where Max could clinch as long as he gets 2nd and Lewis doesn’t get fastest lap.
The straight-line speed of the Mercedes is overwhelming right now. I don't know much about the upcoming circuits, but if they are longer turns or long straights where their aero can own everyone, then they'll run away with this. That is, unless an incident or error occurs, or RB suddenly finds extra speed in their car somehow....

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
The straight-line speed of the Mercedes is overwhelming right now. I don't know much about the upcoming circuits, but if they are longer turns or long straights where their aero can own everyone, then they'll run away with this. That is, unless an incident or error occurs, or RB suddenly finds extra speed in their car somehow....
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/l...4-p0-jeddah-street-circuit-overview--56218467

Jeddah will be fast. I count 5 lower speed corners (1, 2 4, 13, 27).
1637595808175.png

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
Working on getting tickets to Miami next year. Will post any developments as they come up. My schedule was too fluid for me to snag any of the pre-sale tickets. Demand is incredibly high for the race.

Max can clinch in the next 3 races. He has a 19 point lead, which can jump to 26 if we have a Max and Lewis 1-2 finish. So if he beats Lewis in 2/3 races, he can have a DNF in Abu Dhabi and still claim the title.
@Birry The next drop of F1 Experiences will drop tomorrow afternoon to the general public.

1637682955058.png

1637682875689.png

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
My friend that attended the GP in Austin said she got her general admission tickets for $250 for the 3-day pass. Is Miami really going to be THAT much more expensive? :eek:
Those are grand stand tickets, with F1 Experiences extras. Those are not regular grand stand tickets or lawn tickets. Odds are you’re looking at $300 for comparable tickets your friend got at COTA.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I'd be very curious as to what Mercedes did to their car. Somehow LH is looking heads and shoulders faster than everyone and I can't believe that is possibly with just a change in motor a couple races ago. I could see a minor increase in speed possibly but this is drastic. Something fishy is going on IMO.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
I'd be very curious as to what Mercedes did to their car. Somehow LH is looking heads and shoulders faster than everyone and I can't believe that is possibly with just a change in motor a couple races ago. I could see a minor increase in speed possibly but this is drastic. Something fishy is going on IMO.
It’s the new rainbow helmet, it’s incredibly speedy

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
So, yeah....about that last race. Where to begin?

As entertaining as it was (to an extent), and as a new fan, I can't help but feel that the FIA is straight-up lobbying for this rivalry to continue at all costs. Also, as a new fan, I find it odd how often the stewards, race director, etc....are involved during races this season. They seem to have massive influence in outcomes, and it sometimes doesn't even make sense or is inconsistent from one race, driver, or team to another.

Is this how it's always been? It just seems weird to me.

Edit: Clearly Verstappen and Hamilton are on a different level from other drivers. Their battle is amazing. They are both incredible drivers. I just wonder how much of this is orchestrated from the FIA.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
So, yeah....about that last race. Where to begin?

As entertaining as it was (to an extent), and as a new fan, I can't help but feel that the FIA is straight-up lobbying for this rivalry to continue at all costs. Also, as a new fan, I find it odd how often the stewards, race director, etc....are involved during races this season. They seem to have massive influence in outcomes, and it sometimes doesn't even make sense or is inconsistent from one race, driver, or team to another.

Is this how it's always been? It just seems weird to me.

Edit: Clearly Verstappen and Hamilton are on a different level from other drivers. Their battle is amazing. They are both incredible drivers. I just wonder how much of this is orchestrated from the FIA.
The whole last race gave off the 'boxing' stench to me. Fixing the race to come down to the 'last one' and build up drama. Verstappen is without a doubt the better driver but Mercedes managed to gain a huge speed advantage from replacing LH motor a few races ago, again I suspect they are doing something questionable with this change in speed. Has the appearance that they know they have a window to try and finally gain a foothold in America and are doing whatever they can to boost the competitiveness of the final race.