Formula 1 (2021)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Spa is just one of the most dangerous races out there without weather. But I understand the questioning.
The W series crash if you haven’t seen it.
https://youtu.be/6F8KIH6oVCk
Wow, that's crazy! Thank God for the halo on those cars. Also, the scratching sound as they all pile up and get pushed along the asphalt sounds exactly like one of the few details I recall from my motorcycle wreck. Such a terrible sound.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Super happy for Danny Ric yesterday. Such a fun moment! The Verstappen/Hamilton clash was actually kind of awesome, and I'm a Verstappen fan. Again - thankful for the halo, or Hamilton may have been killed by the wreck.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
Max was for sure throwing it all out there after the screw up in the pits. He could have backed out but I don’t blame him after Hamilton clipping him at silverstone.

My Ferrari boys are still lacking a bit but hopefully we can get closer to the other top teams. I think McLaren is a year ahead of Ferrari on the comeback it seems.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Max was for sure throwing it all out there after the screw up in the pits. He could have backed out but I don’t blame him after Hamilton clipping him at silverstone.

My Ferrari boys are still lacking a bit but hopefully we can get closer to the other top teams. I think McLaren is a year ahead of Ferrari on the comeback it seems.
I think Ferrari has the most talented driver pairing on the grid this season. Give them a slightly better car, and they'd be competing with anyone. It would be great to see more teams in the top tier.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
I think Ferrari has the most talented driver pairing on the grid this season. Give them a slightly better car, and they'd be competing with anyone. It would be great to see more teams in the top tier.
If Danny Ric gets his groove back, McLaren has the best pairing IMO. But I agree that Ferrari is right there.

Was really disappointed for Gasly. I think next year as the cost cap takes more effect, Alpha Tauri will be pushing for 4th. They are firmly 5th.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
If Danny Ric gets his groove back, McLaren has the best pairing IMO. But I agree that Ferrari is right there.

Was really disappointed for Gasly. I think next year as the cost cap takes more effect, Alpha Tauri will be pushing for 4th. They are firmly 5th.
Great points. Gasly seems Russell-esque in terms of talent. Always getting so much more out of the car than seems possible. I feel like Lando and Russell (and Max obviously) are the two young guys with the most talent and reckless abandon to take them over the top. Russell could be force at Merc next season and beyond. I see Gasly, Sainz, and Leclerc as super talented, but maybe a bit polite on the track, which sometimes means yielding a place instead of going for it. Not a bad thing, but *can* sometimes limit their results in certain situations. That said, I've been super impressed with Sainz's race knowledge. He's like a genius with strategy and multitasking. He's doing his race engineer's job half the time, and it's incredible. Him and Russell are pretty similar in that regard, which is why I think Russell is probably the most complete young driver out there.

However, at this point in watching my first season, I have to say........Alonso might be my favorite driver to watch. He looks like he's in a different league than everyone else in terms of knowledge and ability. Reminds me of Tom Brady a little bit. He just does all the little things right, exploits any and all weaknesses, and makes those moves that seem almost clairvoyant. I have loved watching him this season.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
Anyone watch the Schumacher documentary? I finally got to sit down and watch it last night. Watching him is what originally got me into F1. He could drive, and gave no quarter. He's honestly a bit similar to Max in that regard.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Anyone watch the Schumacher documentary? I finally got to sit down and watch it last night. Watching him is what originally got me into F1. He could drive, and gave no quarter. He's honestly a bit similar to Max in that regard.
Haven't seen it yet, but want to watch. My path to watching F1 actually started with the movie Rush, then I saw Drive to Survive.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
Haven't seen it yet, but want to watch. My path to watching F1 actually started with the movie Rush, then I saw Drive to Survive.
I have a ton of respect for Niki Lauda. Impeccable man. He was instrumental in Schumacher's career at Ferrari and Mercedes building their F1 team. If you didn't know it, Lewis took Schumacher's seat at Merc after he retired.

If you're looking for a really cheesy F1 movie, check out Driven. Sylvester Stallone and Burt Reynolds. It gives me a good laugh with the early 2000's CGI.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
If you're looking for a really cheesy F1 movie, check out Driven. Sylvester Stallone and Burt Reynolds. It gives me a good laugh with the early 2000's CGI.
LOL. My first DVD. Came free with purchase of my first DVD player and 5.1 Dolby surround sound system. I thought I was "special" getting to listen to audio (race footage) track around the room. :lol: Thanks for the memory! :thumbup: